Kitchen - recommend architect and builders?

devsdev

Hi all,

I've worked through some of the threads on kitchen works and have some names of people who are recommended (or not!) But would be great to have the information in one place for all people looking to get work done.

We want to redo our kitchen but probably only extend back if at all (side return would be amazing but just too expensive). It seems we need an architect and a builder - would they work closely together? We would ideally also have a project manager type person as I want to take the kids away for some of the works so I don't go crazy!

Any recommendations at all? Any company/people to stay away from (you can pm me that info!)?

Any advice on the process?

Thank you!

I highly recommend Dominic from the Gentleman's Construction company. I've used him for several projects over the last 5 years and always found his work to be of an exemplary standard. In fact I recently had my kitchen redone by him. He does the project managing himself and knows an excellent architect. He works with you to design the kitchen to your sepcifications, so you truly feel that you are getting a bespoke room that works for your needs and lifestyle. His team of works are really trustworthy, I never had any issue with providing them with keys. I lived onsite throughout the project and I work nights - they are very accommodating!

He has a website, but you can contact him on 07774704674.

If you want more info, don't hesitate to come back to me.

Regsards

Sarah

• 1 month later...

Hi Dev,

I gather from my wife (you met last week when picking up some baby stuff) that you still need some help with

your kitchen. If this is the case then please feel free to give me a buzz and I'm sure I can help. All the best, Mikail

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi,

I moved from Balham recently and can highly recommend Linear...not the cheapest but very fab. They started as tile company but now kitchens and bathrooms... Exceptional design, dependable installation...Very good and eager to please as young ish company. Great product range.