I loooove Swadesh Indian restaurant

missse22

As I sit here munching my indian take away, I realise they really do need a recommendation!! Love this place, absolutely delicious food, wonderful manager very rewarding to loyal customers, time that I have eaten in and had my kids with me they have been so friendly to my two young sons, and even the delivery guy is a true gent!

Just thought I'd share :)

http://www.swadeshdiner.co.uk/

One visit was enough for me, first lot of chicken tasted off, second lot was also off, guess it was to be expected with all the dishes placed in the window cooking with the sun blaring on them, not a lot of choice, staff were ignorant, was still charged for full buffet although I only ended up having 1 popadom.

Saying that I did eat off the buffet for the first time on mothers day. And the buffet was not in the window so maybe they have moved it to keep out of the sun? None of the food was off, although yhe choice of food was small. I will definitely always order from the menu from now on.

• 2 weeks later...

I love Swadesh tooooooo. We have had takeaway for the last two years and always GREAT. We tried other Indian takeaways but always come back to Swadesh.

Buffet???? I can only say: there you go! you want cheap you get cheap.

try next time from the menu, my darling

DON PEPITO ARE YOU SAYING THAT THIS INDIAN has 2 different quality standards buffet is cheaper well I WOULD NEVER GOT TO ANY RESTAURANT THAT HAD double standards. YOU DONT KNOW WHAT THEY WILL COOK YOU

THINK ABOUT IT

DulwichFox Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Its not packed for the simple reason it does not

> sell alcohol

> or allow diners to bring their own.

>

xxxxxxx

It was never packed even before it stopped selling alcohol, although the food was indeed good. No idea if it still is.

There was previous discussion about this on the forum, if memory serves, and the concensus seemed to be that it was rarely anywhere near full because it was a bit out of the way, in a less frequented part of Lordship Lane.

We haven't been back there since they imposed the alcohol ban, though.

When I went, the food was really good. Best I have had in ED so far. Sadly, it wasn't that busy. When I went, it felt a bit like a canteen, bare painted walls. Felt that it lacked cosiness of some indian restaurants.

Not been for a while, so it may have changed, got busier? Shame about the no alcohol rule. If you run a business, and don't cater to the needs of your customer, then your business may suffer.

If you go for a buffet, you need to go to a place that is busy, I go to Dulwich Tandoori, which has quicker turnover of food.