Sash Window Restoration - Sundial Property Services

wiggie

Steve Carter and his team did the most amazing job of restoring our old sash windows. We live on a busy main road so they replaced the old glass with acoustic glazing which has made a huge difference. They stripped the paint off and inserted draught proofing. The windows when they were finished looked brand new. The job took the time they said it would took and they even did a few other windows which we decided to restore. The three workers were tidy, polite, considerate and hard working - what more could you ask for?!?

I would highly recommend them and have already passed their details on to friends and neighbours.

http://sundialps.co.uk/

Another vote for Steve and the team at Sundial. They've just finished refurbishing all the original sash windows on the front of our house and have done a terrific job. No more rattles or drafts - they look like they are new!

The team were reliable, friendly and great with my small children who kept sneaking in to see what was going on. They were particularly good at leaving things clean and tidy every day, something I was particularly concerned about with little ones running around.

I also asked them to paint the external masonry, and the whole house looks incredible now.

Would highly recommend them if you are considering it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I would love to recommend Steve and the boys from Sundial as well !!

After allowing my nearly two hundred year old sash windows to become in need of some serious love and attention, they have brought them back to life.

Steve uses real craftsmen to do the work and Eric and the boys were incredibly nice, professional and tidy.

The windows look amazing, slide beautifully and the house has never been so warm and quiet.

Highly, highly recommended !!

• 2 weeks later...

Just posting to say, Steve came over last week to look at two of my windows.

He was incredibly helpful and far from trying to push Sundial's services on me, he suggested ways in which I could reduce draughts and noise more cheaply.

He also suggested I'd be better off replacing one window completely - which his company doesn't do.

I was very impressed.

• 3 months later...

We've recently had five sash windows refurbished at the front of our property. Sundial did a great job and Steve was so helpful in recommending exactly what we needed. They included refitting, refurbing and painting so everything included and they now look great.

Much better than replacing the windows so would definitely recommend using them. Highly recommend too!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I just wanted to add my bit for Steve and his team who did a sterling job on my 100-year old windows earlier this year (I've written about this elsewhere on the forum). Having had some building work done subsequently, a few of the windows had got knocked and panes cracked in the process. Steve's guys came over and repaired the lot (5 of them in all) in just a day and a half. I was dreading the dust and mess to be honest as the house is now (finally) nearly finished and Steve said the frames had to come out to get the glazing in. However his boys did a ridiculously neat job and were painstaking in the way they cleared up at the end of the day. Amazing service and didn't cost the earth. In my entire ground-floor-to-roof-refurb I can honestly say the windows were the least stressful element of the whole project.

• 1 month later...
Steve and his Sundial team recently renovated 9 sash windows at my property and did a absolutely fab job. The property is tenanted and I don't live locally, but the whole process of communicating with Steve remotely to agree the scope of the work and to advise of progress during the work went really great. Steve even met up with the tenants prior to work commencing to explain to them face to face what would be happening and what that would mean for them. They were particularly worried about security but he put them at ease and I've had very positive feedback from the tenants about the way Steve's team got on with things. As for the work done, I did go and see the completed job and the windows looked amazing. The tenant tells me the flat is warmer than before and that the mess was properly cleared up at the end of each day and that the whole job was not disruptive for them. Additionally, there was some unexpected extra work required once the team actually started the job, but that was all handled openly and fairly by Steve and I am totally pleased with the results. Sundial are definitely a great team to give your sashes a new lease of life!

• 2 months later...

Steve has just finished replacing and refurbishing our Victorian sash windows, bays at the front and the two in the front bedroom. The originals were pretty far gone, you could put your finger through them in parts and it was more economical and efficient in the long term to make new ones than to repair and renovate.

Steve and his team made perfect copies that fit beautifully in the original frames- (which they stripped and repainted). They also refurbished and rehung our existing sash in the back bedroom that has always been incredibly draughty. They were clean, quiet, worked extremely hard for a full day, tidied up after themselves and finished the job today, three days before predicted.

I am already enjoying the sensation of watching the telly without sitting in a wind tunnel. Great work!

We recently had Steve's team overhaul all the sash windows in our home. Having a five month old and a 20 month old I was a little worried about the possible mess and upheaval, but any concerns were unfounded. The guys were very considerate, happy to prioritise certain rooms each day so the boys had somewhere to nap and they were great at tidying up at the end of each day to get rid of the days dust and ensure each room was safe for my toddler to explore once again. Really nice guys to have around the home, it's been a couple of weeks and my toddler still hasn't stopped talking about Greg.

As for the windows - they look fantastic and we're enjoying having windows that actually open and don't rattle in the wind/every time a bus goes past the house.

I would definitely recommend Steve and his Sundial team!

• 2 weeks later...

Steve and his team from Sundial have just finished repairing and painting our sash windows, door step, and front gate/railings (involving painstakingly stripping off old chipped paint and re-doing with primer and top coat), and I would also highly recommend them. They've done a fantastic job, the finish is impeccable and they were really nice to work with. Everything was done to a high level of attention to detail and they were very tidy, always cleaning up after themselves. Steve was also very helpful and a pleasure to deal with. Very happy with the end result.

Thanks Steve, David and Eric!

sundialps.co.uk

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone and once again thanks for your kind words - I'm not sure if you'll get to see this, but if you do I have a virtually brand new Bissell carpet cleaner that we don't use, having exposed the floorboards and done away with the carpets. I think it got used just the once.

It's the same as this one on the link below and if one of my customers want it you're welcome to it. I'm happy to deliver it to you too. Regards to everyone - Steve

http://www.amazon.co.uk/1/dp/B007C0B5YQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

Steve and his team at Sundial have just finished refurbishing 5 sash windows for us at our house in Nunhead. We were really pleased with the work from start to finish. Steve was great to deal with, happy to answer all of our questions and kept us up-to-date before and during the work. Steve's team are really skilled and were a pleasure to deal with. The guys also cleaned up really well at the end of each day which we appreciated. We are really pleased with the end result. The windows look amazing, like they are new and the masonry work that we had done is excellent as well. I absolutely recommend using Sundial.

• 2 months later...

Steve and his team at Sundial recently completed the full renovation - with some full replacement frames and installation of double glazed panels - for our property in Nunhead. His team were excellent, they very quickly made friends with our two dogs and did a brilliant job on all of our windows as well as stripping and restored the original sash sliding wooden blinds. We're very pleased with the end result and would thoroughly recommend Steve and his team.

Dale Newton

• 3 weeks later...