New owners of Dulwich Hamlets Gym

I am posting this on the forum because I am incensed by yet more rumours circulating around the club regarding the new ownership of the gym and the staff dismissals.

I am one of the staff mentioned and I would like to point out that we were not dismissed because of speculation that we were supposedly spreading. I speak on behalf of myself and my other two colleagues. As we are all aware big changes are happening at the club, in all areas, football, reception, gym and the bar.

All three of us have been at the club for some time and we have very often worked over and beyond our job descriptions because we too have a passion for Dulwich Hamlet and we don't differentiate between the football side and the rest of it. In all my time employed here one of it's biggest downfalls is the lack of communication which is not only frustrating but very unprofessional.

The point I want to clear up is on Friday 25th April myself and two other member's of staff were told by management that we were to be given two weeks notice as the club had been bought by a external operator that NO-ONE knew who they were. Not very happy but what could we do. It then transpires when we turn up at work the following Monday that we were to be let go with immediate effect as they were not keeping ANY existing staff as Dulwich Hamlet Leisure ltd was being wound up. No prior warning was given. I find it hard to belief that management didn't know when an external operator was coming in to run the front desk and the gym.

Anyway our main grievance are that no-one had the courtesy to inform us at an early point. We all have families and the fallout was entirely avoidable, not only do we feel extremely angry in the way that we were treated but the time factor has left us all without securing other employment and in financial difficulties. It has now been bought to our attention that some of the original staff have been kept on and not what was stated in a letter from the management, this now makes it very personal. If we've done something wrong then yes we will be accountable for our actions but at NO point were we told this.

What I suggest the management/new management do in the future is to get their facts straight from the start or have the decency to inform the staff and members of the ongoing situation regarding the club. People would then not feel alienated and none of the hostile fabricated stories would be circulating.

From the car wash thread -

-----------------------------------------

Posted by Loz April 15, 04:05PM

Pink Panther Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> By contrast the new owners appear to have qualities such as

> competence, efficiency, and adherence to proper business principles.

I has a small suspicion that this comment may come back to haunt you.

------------------------------------------------------

So that's car wash, tick!

Gym, tick!

What could be next..?