Fitted blinds/curtains - recommendation please!

Hi all. I've bought a new property in the area and am looking to get blinds (or maybe curtains) measured up and fitted. I was going to go to Hillarys until I saw the shocking reviews online as well as the Watchdog coverage etc. Can anybody recommend anyone, either locally or nationally, who provides this service? And does so in a profesional and cost effective manner?! All help appreciated!

I used Tuiss online company because I liked the Sabine Reinhart prints. Quality is good, only thing on the roller blind I would have liked the screw fixing area to have had a cover so you can't see the screw heads but only a minor niggle. I also ordered vertical blinds for our bi-fold doors that unfortunately 2 of the slats had oil marks on but customer services dealt with it promptly and efficiently and I'm being sent a complete new set. They review well online, and these things do happen, so think I was just unlucky!

http://www.tuiss.co.uk

I was in the same situation as you last Autumn. I had used Hillarys to fit shutters in my previous property & they were fine.

In this property I used Bromley Blinds Ltd to measure, supply & fit a variety of Venetian blinds and roller blinds. I think they also do made to measure curtains.

They have good reviews & recommendations via EDF and I was very happy with the quote and with their service.

Here's an image of one of my blinds that I made for a client from the forum, there are other recommendations from some of my clients on this forum if you do a search. I am busy at present, so can't start immediately, but if it's not urgent, feel free to contact me on

[email protected] or 07817097650.

Hi

If you are interested in roman blinds I make made to measure ones and am based locally. I am just starting my business but have made dozens of high quality,hand finished blinds and can send photos or you can view a few on my Facebook page. I have a textiles background and have been trained by my mother in law who has over 35 years experience in soft furnishings (BTW she has had to re-make some dreadful ones from Hillarys recently!). I am very reasonably priced and have an opening for next week, depending on the size of the project I can turn the job around in a week. I am based in Peckham but have family and friends in East Dulwich so am often around the area and can come and measure and do a free quote.

My link is below, if anyone is interested please contact me.

Melanie Yurt

07887 587227

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.261779510636112.1073741830.261770107303719&type=3

Many Thanks

Mel

• 2 years later...