Looking for an IT expert that does home visits??

smyoung

I basically need someone to help/guide set up a mac book pro with a wireless mac time machine and airport express, probably easy, but I have no idea what I'm doing!

Anyone know anybody that can come to se15??

I can certainly help you - I have been doing this for many years, and have excellent references.

I charge ?30/hour if you are local, but the first 20 minutes are free in order for you to decide if I know what I am talking about - and can also help you to understand (so that you will not need me the next time!).

If you prefer, call me on 07973 269654 to discuss (for example, if you need to get files from a PC or another Mac onto your new machine)

Regards

Francis

hi Francis

are you able to help with simple things (though not for me!!) like setting up another google account, setting up wireless, that sort of thing. I know it's basic..but so am I ....!! could you pm me with some references and availability over the next couple of weeks? thanks

sue

I would personally question an engineer whom advises other forumites that it's OK to use illegal file sharing sites on a computer that is just as vulnerable to attack as a PC.

Hackers, Virus, Trojans, malware, keyloggers etc play a numbers game. Window users make up the vast majority of computer users, and so are the main focus for attack.

Posted by Hugfrancis Today, 04:30PM

Two answers to 'safe'.

1) If you have an Apple computer, it cannot be damaged by downloading a rogue file. Windows is much more vulnerable.

2) There is a very remote possibility that if you did this a lot, you might receive a warning from your Internet Service Provider.

Note: many ISPs block the main Pirate Bay site (but there are ways around this).

Hope this helps.