Dulwich library phone num?

Hickory

Hi, does anyone know the real phone number for Dulwich library? The one shown on google and southwark's website go through to environmental services.

I also tried Yelp but that must have been a fax number

Alternatively, can anyone tell me if the library has a selection of business books?

Thanks

Hi,

About eight years ago, all the libraries in Southwark stopped taking calls and all calls went to a privatised call centre. Unless things have changed since then, there is no way of getting hold of the "real number" as these are only made available to other libraries, council services and the staff themselves. Of course this might have changed, but I very much doubt it.

The library does have a section of business books, but mainly aimed at people running or starting their own business, rather than business studies students. They're open tomorrow,Sunday from 12 - 4pm so you could pop down and take a look. You could also email [email protected] but I doubt you'll get an answer before next week. You can also search the catalogue online at https://capitadiscovery.co.uk/southwark/

I just did a search on subject: "business" and it threw up 312 books at Dulwich, as you will see here: http://tinyurl.com/qzxbdff Of course, not all or even most of these will be on the shelf right now.

Hope this helps!

East

They do seem to do their best to cut out access other than through a few multi-purpose numbers, such as 020 7525 2000 for all the libraries, and more. I suspect most of the library managers are probably concentrated somewhere else. Though, to be fair, many library inquiries probably can be delat with centrally.

The Dulwich library fax number is said to be Fax: 020 7525 6221. I'd be interested to know what happens if you do ring 7525 2000 and ask for Dulwich Library.

You'd best check the catalogue for whatever you're particularly looking for. I find this search page the most useful: http://capitadiscovery.co.uk/southwark/advancedsearch, and it does include location as a possible search parameter. You can experiment ad lib with keywords for search; but be prepared for some quirky responses.

Then be prepared, once you've found something you want, for not being able to find it when you visit the library. This can be because it went missing, or sometimes that it's in one of several possible different locations within the library, not necessarily primarily determined by Dewey classmark, as in the good old , pre-user-friendly days.

That said, you should be able to rely on finding one or more blocks of books on business-related subjects in any of the branches.