Gary VU, electrician -- good experience -- recommended

Alex K

Gary sorted out a broken bathroom fan for us a few months back. The fan stopped working. He came by, diagnosed a fault within the fan, secured a replacement (the warranty was still in effect), and replaced it.

WITHOUT ASKING US FOR A PENNY.

Bravo Gary!

• 1 month later...

Another 2 thumbs up for Gary Vu. He came over within hours to fix a problem with bathroom and living room lights. Traced the issue and resolved it very efficiently. Reasonable cost and also shared his Sea Bass recipe too :) Top man!

You can reach Gary on 07872 178 044

• 2 weeks later...

Gary did a brilliant job fixing a long term problem in our last flat, saving us a fortune because otherwise we'd have needed complete rewiring.

Tarnlee and his partner by contrast couldn't fix it despite several attempts and several bills.

I'd strongly suggest you address your own failings before criticising another professional like that, especially one as talented, capable and decent as Gary.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to think Gary was great but after using him first time (and being impressed - it was a weekend, he came quickly and did the job for a reasonable price) we used him for some basic jobs and found the price was far higher than expected, with mess left behind.

Perhaps he was having an off day or perhaps he was assuming everyone in ED is loaded - either way won't be using him again.

I would second Jellybeanz comments. We had Gary around to do some work. Agreed a price and then when the work was almost completed the price increased. This was a couple years ago but we had major electrical work done this year and were advised the work that was done by Gary needed to be corrected as it was not up to code. I have now learned all electric work should come with an electrical certificate. I didn't know this at the time but I would ask anyone doing electrical work for you if they can provide this for their work. If not, I would not use them.