Personal Trainer information

jboyo84

Hi All,

I wanted to ask what can one expect to pay for a personal trainer in this neck of the woods. I understand its a luxury, but I've just been quoted ?50 an hour to help me get back into shape, which seems rather a lot. Im looking for a PT just to set me on the right track (only looking for roughly 5 sessions) and show me the correct equipment to use in fusion gym and at home to get the results I want. I know there are lots of recommendations here for PT's, but looking for recommendations with a rough price guide.

Thank you in advance

Hi, I'm a personal trainer who is normally based in the city, but I live in ED and want to establish myself in the area. I have 20 years training experience with an amazing track record of transformed physiques. My training is results oriented and within a specified amount of time. I'll train you but also teach skills which will be able to sustain your continued fitness, weight loss, flexibility, energy, strength. I'll give you sound nutrition advice.

Please contact me to arrange a free trial session.

www.dulwichcorefitness.co.uk

[email protected]

0777 0696 426

Kind regards

Jennifer

• 2 weeks later...

Jen's a flipping amazing personal trainer. I've been training with her for a second time after training with her last summer. I lost 1.5stone in a matter of weeks last year. (I was training for a 10k run).

I train twice a week and have already seen mega results. If you want positive encouragement from an amazing personal trainer who actually gets results, she is perfect.

I've had PTs before but they have never been as focussed and encouraging and as results-driven as she is. My confidence shot through the roof as I really felt I was achieving great things in my sessions.

Genuinely highly recommended.

• 1 month later...

To answer your question I'd say ?50 is reasonable for a 1hr PT session. I know a lot of excellent PTs who charge this amount, if not a bit more. I also know several PTs who charge less (closer to ?30) who I would not trust with my health and wellbeing as they could do more harm than good. The key point is that you can pay less but you can also pay much more. I think ?50-65 is the fee range for a decent trainer who works with the majority of people.

Disclaimer - I'm a PT and I charge in this range and the price per hour varies according to the package chosen.

I hope this helps.

Hi All, this is a reply to nacoops message.

It is disgraceful and extremely unprofessional for a fellow Trainer to state that a Trainer with a lesser price is dangerous and can potentially risk someones health.

For the record I am an Advanced Personal Trainer that falls in the said lower price bracket and have over 10 years experience in Martial Arts, Athletics and over 8 year weight training experience.

I would be more worried about a Trainer that is more concern about the money and paying their overheads than helping you succeed.

There is a huge amount of Trainers who advertise, teach and train clients in routines/techniques they are not qualified to do e.g Kettle Bells, Pad work, TRX and the most dangerous one, Ante and Post Natal exercise.

I invite you to check the websites of the Trainers on this forum and see if their qualifications are listed, you will be surprised by the result.

I am not writing this to discredit any individual but to try and open the eyes of the innocent potential victims.

Thank you for reading

Martin

www.onthisfitness.co.uk