The French House

Dear Local Resident

I would like to introduce myself to you all. My name is Audrey Michel and I am the proud owner of a new business on Lordship Lane called The French House.

Originally from Alsace in France I have worked and owned numerous restaurants and bars in London over the last 10 years. I have lived in East Dulwich now for over 6 years and am very excited to tell you all of our new 60/70?s in style French cafe bar.

The French House is styled around the French 60/70?s music era called Y?-Y?. A very colourful and camp mod-esque in feel period famous for such singers as Bridget Bardot, Serge Gainsbourg, Sylvie Vartan and your own English Jane Birkin to name just a few. Y?-Y? music proved a massive hit in France and was a French substitute for what was happening in the music scene in the UK and US during these times.

My hope is to introduce East Dulwich to this fun loving tongue-in-cheek era.

We will be opening daily from 9am selling French patisserie, cakes and bread. Coffee is brought to you courtesy of Square Mile Roasters. As 6pm approaches the cafe is left behind with The French House turning into your local restaurant/ bar open till midnight where a pint of beer or a glass of wine can be ordered to ease away the stresses of the day.

I am very proud of my Alsacian roots and the food and drink menu reflects this. Tartines and tartes flamb?es are our speciality along with some classic French dishes you will all know and love. The kitchen is open daily from midday. Service is informal and seating is provided by way of long shabby-chic benches with dried French lavender as our table flower of choice.

All wine is sourced directly from France and can be ordered by the bottle or 175ml glass as well as various carafe sizes. All of our wine will change regularly as we seek to find all of your favourite flavours.

We are very excited to open to you all on Monday June 9th and operate a walk in policy only so no reservations are taken.

I really look forward to meeting and greeting you all and introducing you to my favourite Alsacian food and drink.

Kind regards

Audrey Michel and The French House team.

I popped in there yesterday with a friend and really like what they have done there - great decor!

They have also made use of the downstairs really well.

Also spoke to Audrey who was lovely - and has great style! She seems rally passionate about what they have to offer.

The full menu looked great - lots of yummy sounding tartes and tartines etc and some great sounding salads - most things were around the ?8 mark.

It sounds as if it is going to be more a bar atmosphere in the evening.

I think it's a great addition to the Lane - I look forward to my next visit!

Jeremy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Foux du fafa! hahaha love FOC:)

Is there music too..could you put on Zou Bisou Bisou , s'il vous plait??

Checking this place out this Sat hope you're open.

Went last night - lovely atmosphere, really nice & friendly service, and food is reasonably priced... I had a tarte flambee with goats' cheese and it was lovely, and v generous portion. Plus, I like that they offer carafes. Didn't see downstairs but got the sense it was bustling, will definitely have to check it out next time.

Had a nice quick bite to eat and drink there last night. Think it will do well. Friendly staff, nice vibe. Long tables (wagamama type idea) - which i think cause shy folk a bit of a problem as you'd have to ask folks to move to get into some spare spaces. Wouldnt bother me but reckon some will be put off by that.

good addition to LL.

Best of luck to them.

Went last night & loved the atmosphere & menu etc but bit disappointed that the kitchen had closed before 10pm so no chance of ordering any snacks or food with drinks. Is the kitchen always going to be closed by 10?