Boulangerie Jade, Lordship Lane Opening 25/06/14

Good afternoon!

Boulangerie Jade is pleased to announce that we are opening our Lordship Lane store on 25/6/14! We will taking residence in the former cafe, Lucas'. So what does this mean for your breakfast/lunch/bread/coffee needs?!

We will be opening 7:30 - 19:00, Sunday times are subject to change. We will have the exact same products as across our other cafe, all made by us and fresh daily but now with the inclusion of breakfast and lunch!

What kind of food will be on offer?

Granola Fait Maison et yaourth (homemade granola with natural yogurt)

Croque Monsieur (boulangerie jade's rustic bread, ham, bechamel and emmental cheese. Baked)

Ouef Florentine (hollandaise, poached eggs with wilted spinach and Boulangerie Jade's white/brown Sourdough)

Dejeuner a l'anglaise (full English breakfast French style! Two Toulouse sausages, French black pudding, French beans wrapped in rashers of bacon, grilled tomato persille, saut? mushrooms and two fried eggs with Boulangerie Jade's white/brown sourdough)

Just to name a few! You can also get all of our breads, sandwiches, quiches, cakes and coffee!

This new store is running along side Barry road but they are not sharing a menu. All of the food stated above and the rest of the menu will be served only on Lordship lane.

Please stay tuned to our twitter feed @bjdulwich for daily updates and new pieces from our menu!

We can't wait to see you all there!

Boulangerie Jade.

Dejeuner a l'anglaise (full English breakfast French style! Two Toulouse sausages, French black pudding, French beans wrapped in rashers of bacon, grilled tomato persille, saut? mushrooms and two fried eggs with Boulangerie Jade's white/brown sourdough)

Tummy rumbling at the very thought.

jimbo1964 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Dejeuner a l'anglaise (full English breakfast

> French style! Two Toulouse sausages, French black

> pudding, French beans wrapped in rashers of bacon,

> grilled tomato persille, saut? mushrooms and two

> fried eggs with Boulangerie Jade's white/brown

> sourdough)

>

> Tummy rumbling at the very thought.

xxxxxxxx

Same here! Yum.

Hey hey east dulwich! Quick update, our opening day will now be wednesday 25th June, we had a slight hitch but everything is nearly there!

Yes we shall be doing eggs royals, eggs Benedict etc.

We have a new menu, with a lot of delicious breakfast and lunch options but we aren't doing the same deals as the previous cafe. But I'm sure you'll find something to your liking!

See you all soon!

Boulangerie Jade

Also....Will you be offering options like scrambled eggs on toast?

Or poached eggs?

Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs?

For those of us who don't eat meat or cheese.

We were regulars every weekend and Lucas and loved their egg and toast offering.

Visited this week, service was super slow, over 30mins for Eggs Royal and then it was eggs and salmon on two tiny bits of baguette and no salad for nearly ?9. Hopefully just teaching troubles but it seems when things go upmarket you basically pay more for less. Will try again though.

Went today eager to try it out but chose not to stay, a couple of reasons;

Firstly the decor was very dark and heavy,and just didn't feel inviting and fresh for a brunch.

More suited to an evening meal me-thinks.

Secondly we looked at the menu and it looked expensive, more expensive than Lucas where we were regulars, and if I'm frank there was nothing that appealed.

So Menu prices and decor have put us off trying it.

Any recommendations for a non greasy spoon breakfast place that does good coffee and a decent choice of dishes.

Toast-ED is not an option due to lack of choice.

Eggs Royal is a great brunch and a few green leaves to cleanse the palette between all that eggs and hollandaise is perfect IMHO. Plus it makes it a meal which is what I expect for ?9 ish especially now that you get two little slices of baguette rather than the slices of loaf that you got when it was Lucas.

Delighted to see you'll be on Lordship Lane.

One request: can you improve the consistency of the coffee? I had an excellent flat white in your Barry Road shop one day, brought in my coffee geek husband a few days later and was offered a cup of dregs slopped into the saucer by an inexperienced barista (who provided good service otherwise).

NewWave, am curious. You say there was nothing that appealed and yet a few posts earlier you ask whether they do poached eggs and smoked salmon. Were you checking whether they did those things because you specifically DIDN'T want them?

RosieH Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> NewWave, am curious. You say there was nothing

> that appealed and yet a few posts earlier you ask

> whether they do poached eggs and smoked salmon.

> Were you checking whether they did those things

> because you specifically DIDN'T want them?

Hi yes,

I did want options of poached egg, and perhaps smoked salmon..tho can't eat eggs royale as can't eat any buttery sauce or anything with cheese.

Tried Duck egg on North Cross, was ok but coffee was a bit grim tho.

Am thinking of trying the place with mosaic outside on Northcross next to DR Boo...has anyone tried that one?

Fancied Pretty's but to be honest someone posting here about their low hygiene score kind of put me off...which I admit is Hypocritical because had I not read on here that it only had one star I would never have worried about it!

I haven't had coffee at duck egg but will bear that in mind!

I think the place you might be referring to is the blue mountain cafe - I haven't been in about 2 years time but wasn't too impressed on my last visit. Let us know how you find it if you do go.

As for Pretty's, i wouldn't listen at all to the people who have spoken critically about the hygiene rating - I've not been ill once (although I appreciate that this should not be a benchmark on whether to return!). They have a semi open kitchen in the restaurant and it always looks very clean, tidy and organised back there.