engineered wood flooring - any rec for companies?

hi I have used a company called prestige property services, will he has done a fair bit of work for me over the last 3 years. pm me and I will give you their details. they work alongside lmc builders luke.. if you would like both their details please get in touch by pm and I will be glad to pass them on

have a good day, Julie jules

• 2 weeks later...

Re: recommendation - not such a fantastic builder

Posted by lucytones 26 September, 2013 11:11

Sadly, I was one of the people Julie recommended Will to, and I had a terrible experience.

We asked him to refit a bathroom, and he provided an excellent quote. However, he then sent someone else in to do the work - who made a complete hash of it.

When called to question about a long list of problems, Will refused to finish the job, or even to meet with me to discuss it.

We have since been to considerable expense to put things right. We have employed someone else (see my separate thread highly recommending Lee Barber) who, when investigating the work done by Will and his employee, found a mountain of rubbish under the new bath, along with a rotten wooden frame than was meant to support the bath, and every single plumbing joint was leaking. Some weren't even connected, so when the bath emptied, the water just sat on the floor underneath it!

I could go on to list a lot of other problems left by Will and his employee, but suffice to say that we endured a terrible experience, and wouldn't go near him with a barge pole in future.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We are Abbey Flooring and we install and sand and seal all types of wooden floors. We have worked in Dulwich and do have some recommendations on the Forum and we have also done many jobs through the Natural Wood Floor Company (wandsworth 0208 871 9771) and they recommend us on a regular basis.

Our cost to install and seal an Engineered floor is ?25 per square meter if the room is totally cleared. I would usually like to have a look at the job first but I hope that helps.

Nick

• 10 months later...
Another thumbs-up for the Natural Wood Floor Co. They are actually closer to Wandsworth Town than Battersea for what its worth. We bought engineered oak flooring from them last year. One year on and it still looks amazing. They have a good range at reasonable prices. Slightly more expensive than the cheapest online options but reasonable nonetheless - and at least you know exactly what you are getting. They also allow you to return unopened packets - which saved us a packet when it turned out our builder had over-estimated the amount needed by about 40%. Not sure whether they do installation. I think they do though - or will know people that do.