Evenings at Le Chandelier

Hi Everyone!

My name is Tom and together with Oli, we are starting some new, really exciting things on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings at Le Chandelier on Lordship Lane. We have a new Head Chef Sammy who has put together an amazing new menu full of seasonal, Moroccan and North African dishes to sit side by side our classics. Have a look at our dinner menu and see what I mean!

On the 14th of August we will also be launching our new bar ?Lumiere' in the wonderful surroundings of our upstairs room. We will be serving a range of special cocktails with the majority of them being made with our, in house, tea infused liquor. We have over 30 rare teas and have combined a choice selection of these with premium spirits to create a truly unique taste experience. I really cannot wait for you to try our Tequila infused with white Darjeeling and our Gin infused with jasmine pearls; they are both out of this world! To accompany these we will have a dedicated lite-bite and slider menu. Exciting stuff and there is a lot more to come, so why not come and join us!

Looking forward to seeing you

Tom & Oli

The menu looks tasty, I'm tempted to give it a go but put off by the service usually received - will it be the same staff as in the day or is this an entirely separate operation to the caf??

The food looks reasonably priced (assuming it is good) with the exception of a ?7.50 scotch egg. Please can you confirm if this is in fact an ostrich egg or covered entirely in edible gold? If so, fairs.

Also how much will the fancy cocktails be and will you be serving a full bar or just boozy teas?

Thanks for your replies guys, I'm pleased you like the look of it and i can personally say, having tried all the menu, that the food is indeed very good.

Just to clarify a few points. The evenings and the Lumiere bar are separate from the daytime management although there is a cross over with staff. If you have ever had or have any problems with service please do get in touch with me via [email protected] as i would like to deal with anything straight away.

The Scotch egg is actually a hand made moroccan speciality, which has a sausage and spice outer layer while keeping a soft yolk in the centre. You are right though, perhaps our description could do with a little more elaboration. The cocktails will be between ?8 and ?10 as we will only be using premium alcohol brands. You can of course order the infusions on their own or with a mixer and we will still be serving a full bar.

Tom

Ha - re the above post, from reading some of nastiness on the Forum, no wonder businesses think twice before promoting themselves on it and little surprise that some (not just the Chandelier) have threatened to sue! But I work a few door down from Le Chandelier and think it totally deserves a visit. I've had some excellent food and service there recently, and East Dulwich needs a bit of variety.

Also (just saddling up my high horse here.....) I tried to run a small business once, and I put my heart and soul into it, only to have it smashed to pieces (all my own fault for not being thick skinned enough) but lets give people with new ideas a chance!!!

ceebeebee Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Ha - re the above post, from reading some of

> nastiness on the Forum, no wonder businesses think

> twice before promoting themselves on it and little

> surprise that some (not just the Chandelier) have

> threatened to sue!

What rot.

And much as i would like to, I shan't discuss this establishment until we get the all clear from admin. together with a copy posted of the official retraction of threat from said business.

ETA: a reminder of Le Chandelier's 'request'- "From this point onwards we would like you to remove all posts relating to our business good or bad. We would like this to be carried on indefinitely. As such we want any mention or insinuation regarding Le Chandelier as a business to be removed immediately from the East Dulwich Forum. The community is fully aware how to give feedback to us so we ask you to carry this out."

If this is new management then welcome and good luck. If the same management then [redacted - redacted - redacted]..

I took my family to the Chandaliere last Friday night to celebrate my mothers birthday. We tried the tea infused cocktails - my mother particularly enjoyed the earl grey infused gin, I the white darjeeling infused tequila. It was a very pleasant evening and my young nephews were treated to cupcakes by the staff. We felt looked after, the atmosphere was pleasant and it was nice to try something different in East Dulwich

Have you ever had another positive experience in East Dulwich? And if so, why haven't you posted about it in the forum?

Things that annoy me:

1. First time posters being all "the meat was so tender and the kids loved the cornicing"

2. Overpriced falafel sandwiches

3. Moroccan, North African, French restaurants that serve a Risotto of the day as if it is just the done thing for the folk who might fancy some Italian with their cous-cous

4. Unreasonable passive aggression

5. Lists

As you were

Baggs Wrote:

> Have you ever had another positive experience in

> East Dulwich? And if so, why haven't you posted

> about it in the forum?

>

> Things that annoy me:

>

> 1. First time posters being all "the meat was so

> tender and the kids loved the cornicing"

> 2. Overpriced falafel sandwiches

> 3. Moroccan, North African, French restaurants

> that serve a Risotto of the day as if it is just

> the done thing for the folk who might fancy some

> Italian with their cous-cous

> 4. Unreasonable passive aggression

> 5. Lists

>

> Can't be bothered...

Ron70

Hi everyone,

As i mentioned earlier, the evenings are under new management, so i can't really talk for the previous management but I'm sure they had their reasons to ask to stay off the forum.

We are excited about what we are doing here and just wanted to let the local people know about it and the forum seems like a great way to interact with the heart of the community.

I will do my best to iron out any issues raised and if you do have any queries please let me know

All the best

Tom

Agreed, it is an excellent way, unfortunately some business balk at the first sign of criticism and either get arsey and/or disappear - you seem to be doing an excellent job of responding, including to criticism (including mine!) and as a result, I am fully planning on coming down to check you out next time I need evening food on the lane - without this thread, I'd have simply avoided like I do with the day caf?. Good job and good luck :-)

Tom Lumiere Wrote:

> Hi everyone,

> As i mentioned earlier, the evenings are under new

> management, so i can't really talk for the

> previous management but I'm sure they had their

> reasons to ask to stay off the forum.

> We are excited about what we are doing here and

> just wanted to let the local people know about it

> and the forum seems like a great way to interact

> with the heart of the community.

> I will do my best to iron out any issues raised