Wanted: Graphic design advice (basic tables & graphs)

Ellie78

Hi there,

I'm in the final stages of a Phd. I have a bit of data that I want to communicate through the use of charts/tables.

I am student of History. I know nothing about Excel, or design. I've been using Excel to help me analyse information during the thesis but now I need to use this to help me communicate it. I'm struggling and, as I've still got 2 chapters to write before Christmas...from scratch...I really don't have time to learn the ropes myself.

I wondered if anyone out there would be able to give me advice? Spend a couple of hours teaching me how to do the really basic stuff? Perhaps do the more complicated stuff (if it is more complicated) for a small fee (tbn). I could offer you a lunch, coffee, some wine (yes, completely trying to profit from community spirit)...but might consider paying (not that I have any money left really) if the fee was small and the advice useful.

There really isn't that much to do... but part of what makes a good thesis is presentation and I want to make sure that it, whatever else, it ticks those boxes.

Please pm if you think you can help!

If you can use excel to analyse info you've got all the tools you need to make some graphs, there's even a graph wizard built in that could turn that data into a graph instantly.

You'd be surprised what you can learn from the net, so google what you want to do and i can assure you it'll be super quick and you won't have to give any wine out.

Also, I was an art student, so if can learn this, you definitely can.