Clockhouse - ?500 for a 2 year old children's party?

Ladysaw

So I am still in shock horror at the quote to have my daughter's second birthday party on the first floor at the Clockhouse. ?500 MINIMUM SPEND to rent from 2pm to 4pm in late September.

Our flat isn't big enough to host a party and i would love to have (approx) 10 of her toddler mates to celebrate with her.

Can someone please put me out my misery of the ?500 trauma and help offer alternative venues/ideas to help me pick a venue?

I really really would appreciate it :O)

X

There is no cover in the park if it rains unless i rent a gazebo, which is not an option. Tree cover? Maybe, but don't want to risk it.

Also having a bday party in a quiet area/floor/kids area in a pub is quite normal for families.

It's upstairs in the pub that she's asking about.

What's wrong with that?

They go in the entrance, up the wooden stairs to the private function room upstairs.

Don't worry, they won't see the fights, strippers, cock fighting, and bare knuckle bouts that go on in the pubs around East Dulwich.

NunheadRising Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I'm more concerned why you want to have a 2year

> old's birthday party in a pub. what's wrong with

> the park

The park in late September?!

Yes, expecting 2 year olds to sit amongst the autumn leaves on wet grass and have a picnic wearing wellie boots/rain macs/hats & scarves sounds like a great idea.

I'd prefer if I had a child that they were used to pubs, and when they got to teenage years etc., that drinking/pubs wouldn't appear so exciting to them!

That's how I was raised anyway, anyone I knew who didn't go to pub regularly with their parents (and some not at all), were dying to go out to pubs/clubs long before me! Maybe it's somewhat an Irish thing!

Good luck finding a good place to have it :) And have a great time :)