affordable good nail place for manicure in dulwich/peckham

dulwichgal

I am using both Glamorous Nails and Beauty@999, both great.

Beauty@999 is very good value for money and they do excellent job.

Glamorous Nails is definitely more established business and it can be more social experience, especially on Saturdays.

• 3 months later...

Frieqs Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I visited @999 - and i am disappointed. It is only

> Monday and the varnish is already chipping..

>

> Maybe its because they didn't add a top coat and

> seemed to rush the process..

>

> I will try Glamorous nails next..

Why not call them and explain what happened, am sure they will fix it.

• 1 month later...
Go for Glamorous. I'm so surprised at the praise for 999 - I've been three times and always had problems - poor cuticle removal, varnish on the skin, chipping varnish the next day. For the extra few pounds, Glamorous offer a perfect service - attention to detail, never varnish on the skin, etc.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I used to love 999 beauty but was very disappointed by my most recent visit. I went for a manicure and pedicure the week before last and felt like the standards of hygiene there are fairly lacking. The staff are very pleasant and the manicure and pedicure I received looked nice at the end but there were two things that really bothered me about my visit. Firstly, during my pedicure, when the lady was buffing my toenails she buffed too hard and grazed the skin, causing my toe to bleed. The buffer was not new (it had clearly been used before) and instead of taking any action to disinfect the cut she just carried on as if nothing had happened, and used a brush to paint cuticle oil over the area which is obviously not disinfected between clients. This lack of hygiene could easily cause customers to pick up infections. Then, when I had the manicure, the (different this time) manicurist had a terrible cold. Obviously it's not his fault he has a cold but I didn't enjoy receiving a manicure from someone who was constantly coughing/sneezing/sniffing as I didn't want to catch it.

I really used to love this place and have never written a bad review online before but I do feel strongly that the hygiene standards at 999 beauty need to be improved. Although my manicure/pedicure looked nice at the end for these reasons I won't be returning there and wouldn't recommend it to others.