Decorator/Gardener recommendation

Thank you Steve at D.G. Services ([email protected])

Following the overhaul of my yoga studio, you have now completed another fantastic job for my family.

My mother is delighted with the garden and said you and your colleague were faultless. I wanted to personally thank you for making it extremely straightforward for her. It looks like a different garden and we love the edging around the seating area that you suggested. More importantly though, the garden is now a garden!

Thank you.

• 9 months later...
Steve came to our garden yesterday and did an amazing job at tidying up the garden, trimming hedges and plants, weeding, clearing ivy, tidying up the deck etc etc, he was here when he said he would be and did a full day's work at a great price. I am amazed at how much he was able to do in the time, it would have taken us several weekends to achieve the same. I can't recommend Steve highly enough, we are really pleased.

I have recently moved to east dulwich and have used steve from D.G.S again he has painted the interior of my house to the highest standard and also done some garden work for me he applied fencing and laid a large lawn.

Steve is Always a pleasure to deal with great time keeping,very friendly/hard working and carrys out an excellent quality of work when ever I use him.

His email is- [email protected]

I recently used Steve to do some gardening work in my front garden clearing the weed, grass, rubbish etc etc. Steve did a wonderful first class job and i will have no hesitation in reccomending steve for any gardening work to friends family etc etc.

Steve rates are excellent and he is a very friendly guy.

Steve is your man

Just wanted to add my recommendation for Steve's gardening services.

Steve carried out a massive garden clean up at our place over this week-end and did a really neat job.

He came on his van equipped with his own gardening tools, trimmed our overgrown front hedge, mowed the back garden, pruned back all our creepers and shrubs leaving everything nicely clean and organised.

We have garden wastage bin and bags but I believe he can also remove the rubbish if you need to.

Steve was very thorough, organised and fast. He takes pride in his work and made sure I was completely happy with the job before calling it finished. He is also trustworthy, polite and an all-around nice chap. I will definitely call him again to maintain the garden.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
We have just had Steve paint a bedroom (with a lot of woodwork) and a bathroom ceiling. Steve worked long hours but we hardly knew that he was there. He was neat and tidy at the end of the day minimising the impact to us. His prices are reasonable too. Would recommend Steve.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I've had the benefit of lots of good recommendations from this forum. I don't like to leave negative feedback online as I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. But I feel I need to be fair to others as I got my recommendation for him from this very thread, so... we engaged Steve to remove a concrete plinth and a wall from our garden, build a small wall and returf the lawn. Our experience of him was truly dreadful. He would constantly come up with excuses as to why he wasn't turning up and delays. We heard every excuse under the sun. He quoted 1 week, it took 4. Yes, 4. He responded to legitimate requests as to how he was going to finish to schedule with a tirade of abuse over email to my wife, the like of which I have never seen. He then took an extra 3 weeks. This was accompanied by aggressive chasing for payment when the job was still incomplete. The work he carried out was seriously substandard, the lawn has been greeted by laughter (I'm serious) from people who've seen it. The walls: we now need to engage someone else do a proper job of what he did badly, all to our extra cost. Perhaps he had never built a wall before (it certainly looks that way) and it was too much for him, but then he shouldn't have taken the job on. He seemed very chaotic, disorganised and unprofessional. And we really didn't appreciate the weirdly over the top emails which bordered on unhinged. He also left my property in a poor state which meant a day of me and my wife clearing up behind him which we could have done without. If I could track down an address for him I'd be recovering my costs from him in the courts.