Recommendation for floor sanding - Back to Wood

Clare C

Just had our floors sanded by Steve and Nichola from Back to Wood. They were quite booked up but it was worth waiting for them. The floors look amazing and we're extremely happy with how they've come up. Apart from the noise when sanding I barely noticed them in the house. They were on time, really professional and helpful when discussing options. Best of all they were super clean and tidy!! It was not messy at all which was such a nice surprise!

Contact details are:

Steve Loftus

[email protected] 07949 411650

• 3 weeks later...

Another huge recommendation for Steve and Nicola from Back to Wood. They've just finished refurbishing our American Walnut wooden floors after years of abuse from kids and shifting furniture.

They look as good as new! Steve and Nicola were true to their word. On time, worked quickly, cleaned as they went along and very security conscious. A pleasure to have around, well priced and talked us through the whole process with lots of advice about the finish and tips for good aftercare.

Would highly recommend them to anybody considering bringing new life to their wooden floors.

See contact details above.

• 1 month later...

I'd like to add a strong recommendation for steve and nicola from Back To Wood.

We have just finished renovating our house from top to bottom and have found how hard it is to pin tradesmen down to timescales and pricing. On the contrary, Steve and Nicola were bang on schedule and even found time to accommodate the extra changes to the finish we ended up wanting. They involved us in the process, solved issues as they arose, made sure we were happy with the expected finish at every stage, and we have ended up with a result we couldn't be more pleased with.

They are tidy, easy to work with and genuinely really nice people who left our house cleaner than when they started...a thoroughly top job and we have no hesitation in recommending them...thanks guys!

• 5 months later...
Another recommendation for Steve and Nicola from Back To Wood. I called them up and didn't expect them to be able to take the work on (sanding and staining my spare room) as it sounded like they are generally booked months in advance. Luckily they happened to have a last minute cancellation so were able to come by and finished off the job within a day. Very impressed with the floors and the fact that they made minimal mess. Just a shame they don't also lay new floors as I need someone to do that as well.

• 3 months later...

Steve and Nicola have just finished sanding our main bedroom upstairs and it has really transformed the room. A few of our other floors in the house were a DIY job by the previous owners and you can see the difference a mile away.

You need to book well in advance as Steve is always fully booked but definitely worth the wait

Calsug

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
Steve & Nicola from Back to Wood have just completed two rooms for me. Not only do the floors look beautiful, but they completed the job in good time & were polite & professional throughout. Their pricing was fair for the job & I would definately recommend for anyone wanting to have their floors restored.

Sorry, only just spotted this! Here's a pic of our new bedroom floor. Sadly I don't have a "before" photo, but the floorboards were covered in some very tired, cream-coloured paint, so we're very pleased with the results. So much so that Steve is coming back to do our spare room later this month!

KidKruger Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Pls show pics and say how much else recommendation

> doesn?t add up to much.

we have just used back to wood for our hallway and would echo the positive comments on this forum - easy to communciate with, a fair price, and an excellent finished product.... we are looking forward to having other rooms done soon

• 1 month later...
I found Steve and Nichola through the EDF. They've just sanded my kitchen and sitting room floors, including leveling the floor between the two rooms. They did a fantastic job - really efficient and cleaned up exceptionally well at the end. I am really happy with the end result, which looks totally different from the grubby old boards they were presented with. Their price was very reasonable too. I would definitely recommend them.

• 2 months later...
I can also highly recommend Back to Wood. They did a really lovely job on my hallway and the floor of a bedroom which was in a real mess - it had original floorboards which had been carpeted over for many years. It was a reasonable quote and completed quickly with a great result - best of all, there was not even a speck of dust left behind despite the horror stories I?ve heard about sanding. The only thing I would say is they weren't much help in choosing stain colours! But as a team who take great pride in their work I?ll be really happy to use them again.

• 3 weeks later...

Another recommendation for Steve and Nicola at Back to Wood.

They came and quoted quickly, price was reasonable, and finish was far beyond what I was expecting.

They took very tired boards, patched holes where needed, and gave a beautiful finish.

They were prompt, incredibly tidy and left the place cleaner than we left it.

Photos of before and after attached.

We are incredibly pleased with how it looks.