cafe noodle customer service

sweetgirl

long story.....

i came home late last sat evening & ordered chinese on my way home. bought the food home, got changed into my house attire & started to dish up my food, for my son & I. when i opened the containers it was rice & a chicken dish, i had actually ordered rice with a prawn dish. i called up cafe noodle & told them what happened, they admitted their mistake & asked if I could take it back. I told them I couldn't because I had my son with me & it wasn't convenient for me to take him out just for that... it was about 10pm-ish. they know every time i place an order because i specify my food to be a certain way, i have been a customer for the last 10yrs or so, although management changed a few yrs back.

anyway, the lady apologised & offered to give me the food free next time i ordered. i was not happy as i'd come in after a long day & was hungry, this meant i had to rustle up something for myself to eat at home, which is what i was avoiding in the first place! i accepted her offer & left it as that.

(i am a pescaterian so chicken is no good to me!)

this evening i placed an order which i collected. i ordered a chicken dish, 2 rice dishes & my usual prawn dish.

when i went to collect the lady reminded me she was going to give me the prawn dish for free. i then questioned why just the prawn dish & not both the rice & prawn dishes would be free? i told her i was unable to eat the rice on its own & it is rather salty & tasteless by itself. she told me the rice was part of the correct order so she couldn't give it to me free of charge. i then explained to her i ordered both to eat together as a meal, but even then she couldn't comprehend.

another young lady who was working with her, who spoke better english, understood exactly what i was saying but she told me sometimes people order the rice dish by itself, (yuck, egg fried rice on its own is not tasty!) at this point it seemed she had already tried to explain my gripe to the owner, (i guess thats who she was) but she still couldn't understand! in the end she offered me ?1 off the rice dish, even though i was unable to eat it, i accepted & told them i would be putting it on the forum.

this was not the first time they messed up my order, & i have always been very understanding.

?3.50 is not putting a huge dent in my pocket but thats not the point!

i just feel they need to be a little more understanding of a customers point of view, especially a regular!

the young lady who was working there knew about the forum & told me she had been on there in the past, she may well come on here to look for my post & hopefully put her point across!

i have to say i don't see the place thriving like it used to once upon a time, maybe there is a good reason for this!

thanks for listening....

rant over!

:-)

You are being completely unreasonable. Mistakes happen, especially where some linguistic translation is involved. They apologised and promised to adequately compensate you. They then followed through on that promise. I'll also bet that ?3.50 means a lot more to them than it does to you. They didn't respond to your sense of entitlement. So you've used the forum as a threat to their livelihood. That's a form of blackmail. They may not even be able to respond if they are non native English speakers.

Bad form.

"..have to say i don't see the place thriving like it used to once upon a time, maybe there is a good reason for this!"

Love that bit. It's been there over a decade but it ain't thriving. Quality.

Well good for you, heroically propping the place up as it tumbles down, I guess it's the end now then for CN.

It's an inconvenience, no more, you've been going there for 10yrs with them preparing your food the certain way you always specify to them, but because of a mistake which they admit and try to rectify, you trash them and try to trend it as a failing business.

Does that leave ANYWHERE in ED that you can now buy takeaways from ?

so sorry if you guys disagree with my post, i thought this is what the forum was for!

i'm a regular forum user & use it when i want to use local services... & also if i want to buy something from a seller/donate/give or sell something myself! putting it on here is not about blackmail.....

i don't eat takeaways on a regular basis, so no, this place & one more in dulwich is all i use! majority of the time i do cook at home!

call it a mistake or call it a language barrier... funny how these things don't affect their money making!

they understood clearly my situation, but expected me to have eaten bland rice by itself!

Just to make sure I understand correctly - you ordered 1 x rice and 1 x prawns. You got 1 x rice and 1 x chicken. They acknowledged the mistake and offered to comp you the "wrong" dish. You think they should have comp'd both as it was intended as a single meal?

If so, I'm with the restaurant. They messed up, they offered to correct it on the night but that wasn't possible for you, so they gave you the messed up dish for free next time. Surely every business gets a pass at least once every ten years - mistakes happen. But then I'm the kind of person who would happily eat egg fried rice with soy sauce on its own.

To Not-so-sweetgirl

We use Caf? Noodle regularly, both as a take away and to eat in. We've never had a mistake made when ordering a meal to be delivered.

We've never had cause to complain about the customer service...ever.

We have non-meat eaters in our family who ALWAYS enjoy the egg fried rice on it's own and with other dishes.

Suggest you and your son use Dominos or McDonalds in future.

I think the business in question behaved really decently.

Especially as the lady REMINDED you when you went in that they owed you a free dish.

I think you're being really mean.

By the way..I love egg fried rice on its own with chilli sauce.

Hahah wow! Completely unreasonable in my opinion ... one mistake (which they tried to rectify and reminded you about) and you treat them like this! benefit of the doubt and a bit of leeway would be nice...oh and i also like egg fried rice on its own. If you had more meat in your diet you may be more tolerant and a happier person - http://www.karger.com/Article/FullText/334910

I think to be offered (and reminded that you have been offered) a free dish demonstrates excellent customer service and I cannot understand why the OP felt the need to complain on here. Cafe Noodle is cheap and cheerful and I find the lady in there completely charming and attentive. I, for one, shall ensure I go more frequently in case this unwarranted criticism has any negative effect on their business.