Wooster & Stock / GJM Property

Bonfire2010

Having just sold and bought I would say that I dealt w KFH Forest Hill to sell and they were very good but neighbours used them afterwards and said they were terrible - go figure. I used both W&S and GJM when looking and was very impressed with Tony, he was friendly & knowledgable and not pushy. Just about all the other EA on LL were quite lackadaisical, I had to follow up and enquire about new properties for the most part. : (

One thing I would say is when selling is to get a 2-3 week contract because they will have called all their list and gotten them in for viewings in that period and if no one is interested then the house goes "off the boil".

And finally, think of the whole process as similar to childbirth, a pain when you are going through it but once over and you are in your new home the result is well worth it and the pain lessens with time : )

Good luck!

I used GJM last year - Becky Munday was very helpful there although I was just about to move over to KFH when a buyer was finally found! Despite a very difficult and halting sales process due to issues further down my chain, Becky was very effective and proactive in assisting to get everything sorted. Although I did not like the photographer's first photos, they did happily agree to redo and work with me to get the sales particulars to my satisfaction and I would initially use then again.

We bought brought Winkworth and they gave exceptional service to both us and the sellers. Ayesha who is one of the managers was incredibly professional, I couldn't recommend them highly enough. As buyers dealing with Wooster and Stock, they didn't seem that bothered, if I was selling I wouldn't go with them as the attitude puts off potential buyers.

Thanks everyone. GJM have given us a surprisingly high valuation which, to be honest, we don't think is that achievable but we like the idea of using a local agency so may still go with them and see what happens. We aren't in a massive rush to sell so have some time to test the water.

We used both KFH and Winkworth when buying and from that experience we wouldn't use them this time.