Anyone sold with Pedder?

Bonfire2010

Not really for SE5 although I'm of the increasing belief that now they all use the same portals, Right Move, Prime Location etc, they are all much of a muchness. However, if someone is targeting an area they will find the relevant websites, so Pedder might be good for SE22 or Dulwich Village. Their website however is rubbish.

I bought via Pedder ED about 3 years ago and they were by far and away the best estate agents I've ever had to deal with (yes, I know, not a very competitive field, but still!)The chap I dealt with (French man, probably doesn't work there any more) was incredibly professional and helpful. I'd cheerfully recommend them to anyone on the basis of my own experience.

The problem with Pedder certainly used to be that their team in the Lordship Lane office was constantly changing. They did have two good managers there a while back Nigel and Brendan but I think Nigel has left the area and Brendan went off to set up No-Flies. As I say this probably a bit outdated feedback as I haven't had cause to encounter them in a couple of years.

We brought through Pedder, and though I agree that their website is pretty dire they were by far the best estate agent I've ever dealt with (previously having brought and sold through Winkworth) and viewed with Roy Brooks (put offer in for a house with them and was less than impressed) KFH and Acorn.

I'd def sell through them on the basis of my experience as a buyer.

I have sold through Pedder and they appear to be the most organised, polite people in the business of selling houses. When a sale falls through they are back on it with open days and marketing and what appears to be a good client list for serious buyers with funds in place. The best I have ever experienced. Especially the one in the Village.

Pedder are not alone in overvaluing of course, but some shockers from them recently that have resulted in stuff still languishing unsold. Their Townley road listing is a prime example. Despite no precedent, they stuck this unremarkable 1600 sq ft terraced house on for ?1.6M in June. If they'd stuck it on for ?1.3M I'm 110% certain it would have sold in June as others did (with same footprint) nearby. Instead it's now on for ?1.4 and two price reductions later and market has turned to be more sensible.

Its not hard, just do your own research and work out what your likely current market value is then work with an agent who's closest to that.