Bluetooth -disappeared from iMac -now fixed- details here!

Minitoots

I posted this message recently and just got a reply which fixed it:-

"My 2010 imac OS X 10.6.8 has suddenly lost bluetooth and I've no idea why. Any suggestions or help appreciated, thanks."

Update- I got this free info from Kozan From Savoir technology http://www.savoirman.com/ via the forum and it has worked! His tel is 07779 875433.

1. Shut down the iMac.

2. Unplug the computer's power cord from the mains socket.

3. Press and hold the power button on your iMac for ten to fifteen seconds.

4. Re-connect the power cord back to the mains socket.

5. Wait another five to 10 seconds, then press the power button to turn on the computer back on.

Not too familiar with your set up.

Does your system use Bluetooth for Mouse and keyboard ?

Had a read and found this.

Might be worth a try.

The solution that is working is to switch off one of them (the keyboard, for example) and turn it on again

Not looked any further at the mo.

PS. Could be a Bluetooth Paring Problem after Sleep.

Dulwichfox

Yes I use Bluetooth for Mouse and keyboard

Bluetooth suddenly stopped working for both (both have new batteries)

Bluetooth symbol on mac now greyed out with message 'not available'

the issue is with the mac, not keyboard or mouse.

I've tried rebooting mac, and turning on/off keyboard and mouse before posting this.

Bluetooth setup assistant says 'No Bluetooth hardware found - in order to use this application, you must have a bluetooth module. Please verify that your bluetooth hardware is properly attached to the computer'y settings or installed/uninstalled anything or updated system prior to bluetooth disappearing...