VETS needed

helenchelen

I would second Parish Vets. Brien Gilmore worked at Lomax in Lordship Lane for many years before moving to Penge, and he was the most amazing vet. If my cats weren't such terrible travellers, I would never use another vet.

Miss Robson in Peckham is also really good.

• 1 month later...
I whole-heartedly recommend Neighbourhood vets ( and thanks so much to others as I chose them based on the comments here!). We recently moved here and took in two rescue cats. The whole team at NV are so calm and helpful. I'm sure it's not the cheapest but they are so good. One of our cats turned out yo have quite serious heart problems and she has had first class treatment with the vets sorting all the insurance forms for us and always going the extra mile. Makes a horrible experience so much easier for us and our cat!

• 7 months later...
Pls do not use Lordship Lane Vets - outrageous - if you have pet insurance we had to pay 12.50 for them to fill out a form that took 5 mins that means the vet nurse earns ?200 an hour - i queried this 3 times and still got some grumpy old vet nurse insisting I had to pay my 12.50 before i could get back my form - I DID I HAD NO CHOICE - the VETS HIDE BEHIND the screens -talk to the nurse - im medically qualified myself and could never get away with this shoddy extortion and a no care attitude - pls vets get your nurses to report back to you and let me the doctor too (human ) be able to talk to the real vet and not annoy me with ridiculous charges - i so pleased i dont charge my patients that much - i'd be hung drawn and quartered

orangebanana Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Pls do not use Lordship Lane Vets - outrageous -

> if you have pet insurance we had to pay 12.50 for

> them to fill out a form that took 5 mins that

> means the vet nurse earns ?200 an hour - i queried

> this 3 times and still got some grumpy old vet

> nurse insisting I had to pay my 12.50 before i

> could get back my form - I DID I HAD NO CHOICE -

> the VETS HIDE BEHIND the screens -talk to the

> nurse - im medically qualified myself and could

> never get away with this shoddy extortion and a no

> care attitude - pls vets get your nurses to report

> back to you and let me the doctor too (human ) be

> able to talk to the real vet and not annoy me with

> ridiculous charges - i so pleased i dont charge my

> patients that much - i'd be hung drawn and

> quartered

Lordship Lane Vets are wonderful - they are professional, courteous, kind and caring; they didn't charge me to fill in an insurance form - they took such wonderful care of my cat when she was poorly....

orangebanana Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Pls do not use Lordship Lane Vets - outrageous -

> if you have pet insurance we had to pay 12.50 for

> them to fill out a form that took 5 mins that

> means the vet nurse earns ?200 an hour - i queried

> this 3 times and still got some grumpy old vet

> nurse insisting I had to pay my 12.50 before i

> could get back my form - I DID I HAD NO CHOICE -

> the VETS HIDE BEHIND the screens -talk to the

> nurse - im medically qualified myself and could

> never get away with this shoddy extortion and a no

> care attitude - pls vets get your nurses to report

> back to you and let me the doctor too (human ) be

> able to talk to the real vet and not annoy me with

> ridiculous charges - i so pleased i dont charge my

> patients that much - i'd be hung drawn and

> quartered

Good afternoon,

Yes we do make a small charge of ?12 for dealing with insurance claims. We have phoned several local practices this morning and the average local charge for this service is ?12.50, with some being a lot more.

We encourage our clients to have their pets insured so that together we can make the best choice of treatment for their pets but the paperwork we become embroiled in is tiresome. As well as completing the forms, we send them to the insurance companies, keep numerous copies and deal with the many difficulties the companies throw at us and our clients. If we were making ?200 per hour dealing with claim forms then we would be very happy!

I myself, the owner of the practice, went to speak to this client about why we have a charge but she was so angry that she left without a conversation. It was a shame as we had performed successful surgery on her little dog. However she has only visited us 3 times and from the medical history we see she has used other vets in the past so we left it there.

We are very passionate about pets being part of their families and treat them as we would our own. We aim to make our client service the best and are always disappointed if we believe we have made someone unhappy. We have many wonderful clients and are very encouraged by the kind, positive comments posted on this thread.

My goodness orangebanana - you are really on a mission on this one. Two threads attacking LL vets for charging you for an insurance form.

I don't know what 'medically qualified' means (I read it that you are a doctor??) but at my GP surgery (which used to be very good) you can't get an appointment without waiting three weeks, you never get to see the same GP twice as the doctors keep leaving, you only get 10 minutes no matter what your problem is......