Cattery?

miss_mystra

Can anyone recommend a local cattery? I phone my vet and they didn't really seem to know any, but knew there was one in Dulwich, possibly Dulwich Cattery but no reviews anywhere or a website etc

I normally get Lisa from Bow Wow Miaow (she's wonderful and i recommend her 10000%!) to come round but I am now living in a houseshare, with other people who aren't too vigilant at keeping doors closed when I'm not around (they are indoor cats, one has a brain problem so would not last long outdoors) so I'd just be too stressed out worrying if they had escaped, I hate the thought of sending them away but it seems to be the safest/most worry free option.

Another huge thumbs up for Gloria! My cat is an indoor cat, he's not really the most confident, and he stayed with Gloria for 2 weeks when I went on holiday. He came back very happy and settled. Gloria is a lovely lady and responds to texts and calls quickly when you want a bit of reassurance that your puss is ok.

Her cattery pens are inside her house too so no sheds at the bottom of the garden which is nice...especially for indoor cats.

raerae Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Another huge thumbs up for Gloria! My cat is an

> indoor cat, he's not really the most confident,

> and he stayed with Gloria for 2 weeks when I went

> on holiday. He came back very happy and settled.

> Gloria is a lovely lady and responds to texts and

> calls quickly when you want a bit of reassurance

> that your puss is ok.

> Her cattery pens are inside her house too so no

> sheds at the bottom of the garden which is

> nice...especially for indoor cats.

oooh that is good! Pickle gets cold at night (she's sleeping on my head at night, and she did the same last winter haha) so i was a bit worried about some of the catteries coming up on google where they are pens in the garden!

We have also used Gloria in the past - our cat stayed with her for about 5 weeks while we had building work done. He went to her as a nervous cat, and not particularly friendly. When he finally came home he had changed completely, very settled and friendly (and with a newfound love of prawns and roast chicken!). She is brilliant.

• 4 weeks later...
I used to use The Cattery in SE20 until we had to leave our cat there for three months - when we collected her, we were told "she's off her food, only drinks water"; turned out our poor cat had suffered kidney failure but they hadn't thought to take her to the vet (our cat was then on daily medication, had to boarded at the vet as she had gone blind and was shortly afterwards PTS); now we go to Cozy Catz Cattery in South Norwood, our new cat loves it and they are wonderful there....

• 1 month later...
We have just picked up our beautiful kitten from Gloria, and she is delighted with herself with a lovely healthy looking coat to boot. Gloria is just such a lovely lady and I felt like she fully understood our kitten is like our baby!We will use Gloria again witout hesitation. Highly reccommend her.

• 1 year later...
She's still definitely in business, I used her at the end of Feb. I text her if I can't get through and she always gets back to me. Same number as always (but she has a new phone which I think she's slightly confused by as she had me down as someone else in her phone and left that person a message about my cat!)