Looking for removals company recommendations

edcam

Hi,

We are hopefully moving towards the end of the year. We're staying local but do need a good removals company who will pack and safely move everything and has proper insurance. We definitely need more than man with van, more a proper removals company.

Many thanks.

Thanks Asha. I can't find anything here when I search that name. Does he have a few people working at once(I.e. A proper big lorry and people used to shifting everything quickly and expertly.) I'm really not looking for man with van, more a proper removals firm. Maybe he fits that description but would be good to know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

Just wanted to put in another recommendation for Roberts and Denny's removals. They moved us yesterday and they were polite, efficient, tireless? totally value for money.

They arrived at 8.15 and worked until about 3.30 almost non-stop. They packed up our last bits and pieces that we hadn't quite got to, carried everything up 3 flights of stairs on the other end, dismantled stuff that couldn't fit and reassembled it again in its new destination. They were very careful with walls/floors/fragile items, and checked that each item went to the right room in our new place. They had to negotiate awkward parking, shed doors that wouldn't open, and several other problems - managed everything very calmly and professionally.

No complaints at all and would be very happy to recommend them.

Claire

• 2 weeks later...
Needed removal company to move my daughter to her student accommodation in Bournemouth, for a reasonable price! Tried ExtraMile in Forest Hill on the recommendation of a friend. Earl was brilliant, friendly, really helpful, even though daughter was still trying to pack stuff when he arrived His prices were more competitive than Harradine. Had to wait around quite bit the other end but he didn't complain or charge us extra for the waiting. Happy to recommend. www.extramilevans.co.uk

• 2 months later...
I had to move some stuff out and I also spoke to Earl at ExtraMile. Everything was set for a Saturday move, but I needed more time and packing materials and he was flexible enough to re-arrange the times and dates. Once he turned up for the move he was also able to advise me on the amount of space I needed at the storage company which saved me some money. I have no hesitation in recommending him (www.extramilevans.co.uk)

• 2 months later...

I just wanted to express an excellent recommendation for Sussex Removals.

My friend moved recently and hired Sussex Removals. He is very happy with the service that he got and his next move will be with them too! They provide all services needed when moving. You can have storage as well if you need one. My friend needed and it was very comfortable and secure. He got his things back the same way they were before sending them out. Nothing damaged. They have sturdy boxes as well.

Hope that helps. Good luck :)