Wedding reception venue

cella

Any ideas/recommendations for hiring a space in the Peckham/ED/Nunhead areas for a wedding reception around Easter next year? 80-100 guests and we'll be doing food, decorations etc ourselves. We are on a smallish budget so not looking for anything too extravagant! Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks.

We had our evening wedding reception upstairs at the EDT (East Dulwich Tavern) - used to be a members club that no one ever went to, now it's open for private functions. It's brill. And cheap. Open plan Victorian drawing room, atmospheric, they did food, we provided DJ's through the night, rip roaring fire in the corner and surrounded by candlelight. First wedding I'd been to that no one wanted to leave. Depends how fancy pants you want it.

I would speak to Phil at the Old Alleynian Rugby club on Dulwich common. Lots of space for a more "country" wedding and you can put up a marquis on the grounds and use the bar whilst being able to organise your own caterers, music etc if you wish. i have been to some great weddings there and in Easter the weatehr should be perfect for it.

• 5 months later...

Has anybody got pics of the constitutional club set up for a wedding? Any feedback?

We are looking at Belair house but it's had shocking reviews, any feedback on that?

Really need a decent venue for a wedding reception and want it to be local, or looking on to the Thames .

Have viewed many of those suggested on the posts above and elsewhere on the forum, most are too punchy on the price!

Thanks

Haven't been to a wedding at Belair but went to a party there at the beginning of the year - lovely venue and set up but a little girl had an anaphylatic reaction to some canap?s she ate. She had informed the manager of her allergies but the manager didn't realise that what she was serving was made up of the ingredients. After a hospital visit the little girl was fine but could have been a lot worse. Ruined the night of the my friend whose 40th Birthday it was as it was her little girl taken to A&E -