New shop on E Dulwich Road - Hop Burns & Black

cactus

Also whilst I wish this shop every luck we DO already have decent booze shops in East Dulwich/Peckham/Nunhead. Bambuni do a very good range of wine and craft beer, Bossman Wine also does a very wide range of craft beer and wine, Lordship Lane also has decent off licenses/wine shops in the shape of Oddbins and Cave de Bruno. I also see that a small micro pub/bottle shop is opening soon on Nunhead Lane.

Hi Cyclemonkey - we're the folks behind HB&B... Confess we never went to the laundrette when it was open, despite living just around the corner - the one time we went there, armed with a massive load of linen, we discovered it had closed. We're really keen to learn more about the history of the place (we're learning quite a lot about the layout from sanding the floorboards!), as by the time we saw inside the premises they had been cleared out by the developers. A neighbour said the woman who ran the laundrette may have died, which is sad if true. Anything you can share would be welcomed. Hope we'll see you in store once we open too - beards optional!

Looking forward to it opening. A good pointer is to not get too caught up in stocking 'local' brews, but concentrate on quality instead.

Brick, Clarence and Fredericks et al just don't punch at the same weight as the likes of Moor, Buxton etc just yet. Lots of places stocking them at the expense of decent brews because you know, local.

Hi all - we've got an extensive local range (you'll find the SE London section right at the front of the shop) as well as a fantastic selection of beers from around the UK and the world. All going well, we'll be open this time next week.

And @thebestnameshavegone - you'll be pleased to hear we will be stocking both Buxton and Moor. Fabulous breweries!

Just saw this - DuncanW, I think we may have just served you? Hello if so - lovely to meet you, hope we see you again soon and enjoy your big weekend.

And yes, discounts a go-go - not for beards, mind (we'd be bankrupt in a week), but buying 12 bottles or more will net you 10% off.

Had initial doubts about the viability of a venture like this, but I just popped in. Fantastic range of beers, and I went home with a couple of bottles of the Hackney-brewed Five Points IPA, one of which has gone down very well with a sandwich lunch. They also have a magic machine which will shortly be knocking out flagons of beer. You know it makes sense.

This magical beer beast is a Pegas Craftap - a counter-pressure bottle-filling machine. Essentially it allows us to fill a flagon from up to 4 different kegs and seal it with CO2 so that the beer stays fresh for weeks. Then once you've enjoyed it, you can bring the flagon back and we'll swap for a fresh one filled with the beer of your choice. The only issue is the bottle company somehow sent our bottles to Germany (?!) so sadly it's out of action til they turn up next week. We've got some great beers standing by though... :)

Got some good beers there on opening day. The hot sauce range looks impressive too and I'm looking forward to the magic beer machine. With Bossman, Oddbins, this and the soon-to-be Nunhead beer shop, plus Clarkshaws regular offsales, local hopheads are getting well provided for. Long may it continue.