install wood burning stove

Netquest

I watched a programme about this recently.

Just be careful. A Wood Burning Stove in any smokeless zone will need to be DEFRA approved.

Some installers will be happy to install one that isn't and you will not be allowed to use it.

You could be fined at it will be expensive to replace it.

DulwichFox

CASA in Bellenden Road can arrange this for you or do the the whole project.

we used the guy they use for installation but I cant find his number- it will be on an old thread related to this subject and would be under my recommendation.

edited to say I have found it

Installer was Dennis 07903425482.

• 2 months later...

We just had our fireplace done up and a wood burner installed. The installation and all the work was done by Dennis Mart and his team and Matt at CASA (Bellenden Road) supplied the stove and helped facilitate the process.

They didn't ask me to write this review but I feel I want to share my experience since it was really positive!

The whole process was super smooth. I got several quotes and in the end decided to go with the people who I felt most understood what I was after. (Turns out it was one of the cheaper quotes too!) Matt at CASA is an expert when it comes to old victorian stuff and he works with restoration of old victorian radiators etc. So I felt they understood how to create something both functional and beautiful. The whole team came across as both knowledgeable and professional and they arrived on time and worked very quickly. I am super stoked about our new beautiful wood burner, it looks gorgeous!

So I whole heartedly recommend both Dennis (and team) as an installer and Matt as a facilitator and advisor. It is also great because they can handle the ordering of the stove etc for you which greatly simplifies the logistics of things.

If you are thinking of using CASA, check out Matt's instagram feed - it's sort of a portfolio and he regularly posts pictures of jobs here. That really helped me understand what I wanted and what result to expect: http://instagram.com/fireplaces_stoves_radiators/

We also used Dennis and his team to line our chimney and install a stove. We bought a stove based on the advice Dennis gave to us and are so pleased with it. Dennis and his guys did a great job, working around a problem we encountered with my chimney and and they were really nice to deal with.

• 2 months later...