Highly recommended female painter, wallpaper, plaster and finisher

rosie_ju

Hi guys,

I posted on the forum last night looking for a decorator to do a small last minute wallpapering job for me. Stephanie got back to me last night with a very fair quote and her and her colleague Troy came over this afternoon and did the most wonderful job of papering my slightly oddly shaped attic room.

Stephanie is an interior designer, landscape designer, she can plaster, paper walls, paint and do floors. She works with her team that she has trained up since leaving college to an exceptionally high standard and provided them with full time work. She's an entirely inspirational lady. You can text her on 07742 016412

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I have to disagree with this recommendation. I did not have a good experience and felt taken advantage of as soon as work started. I felt timekeeping and communication were bad and felt the excuses given were unprofessional. It seemed to me that rate of progress slowed dramatically in my absence. I gave up and asked the decorator to leave halfway through and wouldn't use them again.

Hi,

Sorry but this is because you have not said you wanted me to start until after 8:45 that same morning like agreed, so had gone on another job. I got another one of my staff off another job that they were finishing that morning to run around & to get all your materials ready & start that afternoon due to your delay. I cancel your appointed start date at the time due to not hear back from you in 3 days. We are very book to sit & wait around & delay others.

I clearly mentioned to you before hand about parking permit & so did the other decorator & you completely disregarded that matter & said they were all used up by other tradesmen. It was mention to you if you can get one & you agreed parking was Not part of the agreement & signed to it. The was only 1 hr ticket purchase & you left for hours knowing the fact the decorator couldn't leave to put on another ticket on in result to a parking ticket. Now asking to pay you won't pay. You want all the internal of a old large window to be strip & large shutters inside out which was 90% completed in 2.5 days & sanding of your hallway. Do you know to get a good job you need to to it properly & not rush it & you were not being charge day rates but have been price on all your jobs. Meaning the timing shouldn't have been a problem unless you want burnt & damage wood. You keep on stating there is free parking after 2:00pm & told the decorator where to park where a ticket was issued know the fact a ticket needs to be bought every how when you disappear. I kept in constant communication but you wouldn't reply for days.

We have had to work around you because you wanted the work started & around no parking which you could have provided a permit do you know how far the decorator had to park because he was out of change & you provided no permit to park because you have said it's all used you & over the other day & a half still no permit & got a ticket because could leave to put on a new ticket. There is no way the decorator would leave & leave your door open to walk 7 minutes to put a ticket on.

This was very frustrating & now refusing to pay for the ticket & the other purchase tickets.

I don't any trademan on here would go through all of that, this is why you never mention about the quality of work because nothing wrong with that at all.