Mason and Green - Taxi company BEWARE

kristyl

I think it's difficult in the most congested city in Europe to give exact arrival times as a cab firm.

I always order cabs for WAY in advance when it's for trips where timing is critical like airports and North London train stations.

Definitely I've more commonly seen the cab waiting outside/along the road earlier than booked, than had to deal with late cabs - regardless of which firm.

Must be tough running a cab firm.

What they should do obviously is advise in front where they may be delayed getting to pick-up.

Yes it is difficult sometimes for drivers to reach a destinatian when there is traffic and more importantly when the drivers are stuck behind waste collection truck. Drivers although they try hard can be the brunt of acusations because they are a few minutes late, and on occasions are even left out of pocket through no fault of their own. It can be hard, but when someone uses you twice, in one year, and actually says such things when we know and try hard to provide an excellent service, can be hurtful, and almost considering the power of this forum, ruining, is even more disheartening. We try to provide an excellent service for our customers on all occasions, but this was a situation beyond our control, and incidently the customer involved did not use us as she booked another car service after refusing to get into our car. Incidently our driver although late never picked up the customer because of the agressive behaviour and refusal to use us. Both sides of the story need to be told, as our customers who know us in East Dulwich have the confidence to continue to use us. I would state in the circumstances we have a service that is endeared by our customers, and would request if anyone is not happy with the service, it is simple, do not use us again, we have barred this person for the behaviour showed to our driver, as we also have self respect for both our drivers and our customers.

Have to agree with the positive feedbacks..they were great with us when we used them to get out to Gatwick a few months back, and were very accommodating when we messed them about with timings when our flights were delayed. The driver even played our toddler some fairy stories on his phone which was a kind touch.

I'll add to the chorus of approval for Mason & Green. I use them regularly to get to and from Heathrow or early Eurostars from St Pancras. They offer attractive pricing, text message booking confirmations and have been on-time or early, every time that I've used them.

That said, I also use Uber to get into town as it seems there's always one or two cars lurking in/near ED. Their UberX cars are great value. Problem with Uber is that you can't pre-book, so no help when you need to make a train or a plane.

Sounds like on balance, Mason & Green are coming out of this thread well. Frustrating for the OP that there was a hiccup but them being 20 mins late really is no reason to post in a potentially damaging way about a local business. Next time, allow more of a margin for error.

Just adding my comments to the thread as I have been away for the last week and only returned last night (picked up by Mason & Green at the Gatwick). As usual a great service received, punctual and courteous. I have used Mason & Green for the last year (mainly for Airport runs) and would highly recommend their services. I have had some awful experiences with other taxi companies in the area (who shall not be named), but they have now lost my business!

Mason & Green are punctual, reliable and reasonably priced.

• 1 month later...
I have been using Mason and Green for a lot of airport trips over the past few months (the last one yesterday) and have had nothing but the best customer service, with a courteous and friendly approach. I think Sunil runs his business very fairly and I will continue to use his company.

I don't think it's fair to say the OP shouldn't post about her experiences. Just because a business is local doesn't mean they should be immune to criticism when a customer feels let down. In this instance, Mason and Green have replied and given their side of the story which is only fair and other people have also shared their experiences which were actually positive.

I think it's fair when the OP was clearly being unreasonable.

Ellem86 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I don't think it's fair to say the OP shouldn't

> post about her experiences. Just because a

> business is local doesn't mean they should be

> immune to criticism when a customer feels let

> down. In this instance, Mason and Green have

> replied and given their side of the story which is

> only fair and other people have also shared their

> experiences which were actually positive.