The Patch closed?

cazfay

DulwichFox Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It says the Lease has expired....

>

> Who sets up a business with a years lease. ???

>

> Does not make any sense...

>

> DulwichFox

The notice actually says "The leasehold owner person entitled to the possession of the premises have today re-entered the premises and the lease is at an end."

That is rather different.

Clearly the lease when taken out was for longer, because they had been taking bookings up to at least February, according to posters on another thread on here.

I imagine that The Patch hasn't kept to the terms of the lease eg perhaps not paying rent, but that's just surmise given that it appeared to be not exactly thriving.

natalia pereiro Wrote:

> The whole problem was with one member of the

> management no dealing with suppliers. Therefore,

> goods running out in a daily basis, ending with

> the staff in arrears.

Do you mean the person supposed to be ordering stuff wasn't ordering it? Surely that would have been picked up on PDQ after the first one or two episodes of things running out?

Could it have been that there was a cash flow problem, money was owed and then the suppliers stopped supplying?

I don't understand what you mean by "ending with the staff in arrears"?

Sounds like a classic case of trading insolvently - I'd be interested to know what the Company running it was called and if it is being dealt with correctly - especially if there are employee arrears to deal with. Employees can only make a claim to the the Redundancy Payments Office if their employer is subject to a formal redundancy process.

(Guess what I do for a living!)

Yes, sad news. Maybe Enterprise Inns will determine that this finally proves that is not a viable site and seek planning permission to redevelop as residential. Not sure that's right but it does seem difficult, or at least on terms that work for Enterprise Inns as well.

Perhaps if all the people here that said it was such a good idea and would 'Defo'

be giving their support actually did. You cannot run a business on a promise and a whim.

As to what will become of the place ??

Well what would you do if YOU owned the place.

Open another Pub ?

Open another Restaurant ?

Apply for planning permission to convert to residential ?

Flats would certainly create further parking issues .

Its a White Elephant

Don't know the answer.

DulwichFox

DulwichFox Wrote:

>

> Well what would you do if YOU owned the place.

>

> Open another Pub ?

>

> Open another Restaurant ?

>

> Apply for planning permission to convert to

> residential ?

Two options which would work:

- A family orientated soft play space (at rear) with cafe doing light lunches at the front.... and a programme of baby/ kid related activities and upstairs function room which can also double as a kids party venue. A membership /subscription like a gym for soft play plus non member access (but at a slightly higher price). Cafe open to all.

OR

- A big name chain that will always draw for consistency. A long time observer said to me Pizza Express or similar would work....especially once cinema opens. Having thought that bonkers on reflection I'm inclined to agree....

MrBen Wrote:

> A family orientated soft play space (at rear)

> with cafe doing light lunches at the front

Similar to the Gymboree/Cafe G thing then... not sure if we need another though.

I do think there's potential to split it in two though. A cosy "proper" pub at the front, and then another business at the back accessed by the side door... cafe, restaurant, shop, etc.

We live nearby and I think the sad reality is they just didn't get enough customers in the door. Pretty busy in the restaurant on Fridays and Saturdays but nowhere near as many 'casual drinkers' during the rest of the week compared to the Clockhouse, EDT etc.