Architectural inspiration

jacqgreen

Some of you will know me as Jacqueline Green of Green & Teggin Architects, of which I am still a director. However, after an extremely busy year, I have decided to follow my passion and start something slightly different to run alongside Green & Teggin.

Over the last four years, I have devised and offered one off design consultations, for which I have had very positive feedback. Many of our recommendations have been for this service (http://www.greenandteggin.co.uk/recommendations/). Ideally, although not essentially, I would come along to your property at the start of your thought process and give you an idea of what is possible based on your circumstances, lifestyle and hopes together with my experiences working with the local planning departments and my knowledge of the construction process. I would like to concentrate on offering this service.

In addition to this, I would like to offer fixed fee planning applications. I have a good team of consultants (property surveyor, structural engineer, Party Wall surveyor, energy assessor, quantity surveyor) who will also be able to advise you on other aspects of your project.

If you are looking for inspiration, or a new way of looking at your space, please contact me at [email protected] or call me on 07961 104 955.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Jacqueline Green

• 2 weeks later...
I have used Jackie's design consultation service and would recommend it. It really helped us to consolidate our ideas for the building work we are about to do to our house. She came up with lots of different ideas and thought creatively about how to use the space in our house. If you'd like any more info, please pm me.

My husband and I have sought inspiration from Jacqueline on two occasions, which included a rear extension, a loft mezzanine and a downstairs reconfiguration. We have now moved into a new property and will seek her advice again. We were extremely satisfied with her approach and suggestions. She competently drew plans and secured planning permission. She was generally really helpful in helping us figure out the possible options and guiding our choices in using the various routes to achieve the outcomes we were looking for. In addition, Jacqueline is a very kind and open minded person, with whom it is a delight to deal. We can only recommend her very warmly.

I have now used Jacqueline on 2 separate occasions for 2 very different projects. The first was for a tricky loft conversion and the second for a total refurb on a period property. Both times she has been exceptionally good at listening to ideas but also coming up with a broad range of her own, taking the time to guide me through all the possible avenues and alternatives. Her real forte I believe is her friendly, personable approach. Rather than bamboozling me with architectural jargon, she made the whole process transparent and straightforward. Her knowledge is extensive and she handled both our planning applications extremely professionally (we were awarded permission on both occasions). We are now living in a light filled, airy space that marries together the new and old elements of the building really successfully. If anyone would like further info please feel free to PM me.

Edited to add: I have recommended her to at least 4 other friends and they have all been delighted with her service.