Finishing Point - Floor Sanding - A review

benmaxim

We recently had our floors sanded and gaps filled by local Herne Hill business Finishing Point (owned/run by Derek). Derek was really friendly and came over one evening to do the quote the same day that I contacted them. We had other quotes but liked his approach and professionalism so went with him. We are really happy with the results - the floors look great. Also really impressed with the lack of mess and sawdust! Highly recommend these guys - excellent and local, just the way we want it!

• 1 year later...
I recently had wooden floors fitted by Derek at Finishing Point. He was very helpful and responsive, organising to do the work very quickly. I live in Hither Green and he was happy to come out to measure / bring samples / bring back my door keys etc. His communication was better than any of the other trades people I have deal with - I knew exactly when he would be at my house and received frequent updates and pictures of where he was up to and any issues. The work was completed quickly and there was no mess. I've also seen some of his furniture in the showroom and there is lots I want to buy! Definitely recommend.

• 4 months later...

I would like to add a further recommendation toward Derek and the Finishing Point team.

On time, on budget, flexible on timings, to a high level of skill and care they installed 60sq.m of new engineered parquet flooring which is by no means easy. In short, they did a great job and were a pleasure to have undertake the install for us. happy to send photos via PM. cheers

The three threads posted within minutes of each other were from the same user, who has also posted on other topics. Agree that several threads started by new users looks a bit odd though.

For my part, I contacted Derek and the Finishing POint team a couple of years ago and they didn't bother coming back to me for a quote.

Lets set the record straight.

I've been on the Forum since February, and yes relatively new as moved into the area last year. I've posted some adverts etc, and get in touch with others via PM on occasions, but am not a very regular user by admission.

highly suspicious indeed. maybe get the police involved....

I decided to post to a few main threads aligned to the work we had done, but by no means all the positive threads that Finishing Point come up on, as I said to them I would give feedback here, and like to be a man of my word.

(check them out if you like DirtyBox and POUS.theWondercat as it seems you have time on your hands to do this)

for me its an efficient way to do this, as it will be a while before I return.

Have I broken any rules, are you both site administrators? Again, they did a great job.

Re: Finishing Point - Floor Sanding - A review

Posted by Jaypainter Today, 10:26AM

I met Derek on a job in Honor Oak , his lads did the sanding and he finished them, really good job and a nice guy. We had a good laugh about the client Claire who had gotten cash prices from everyone than wanted invoices.

Nice. So he bitches about his clients to other tradesmen, huh?

• 4 weeks later...
We recently had joists replaced and reclaimed wooden floorboards fitted by Finishing Point in Herne Hill. We also needed collapsing bits of brickwork removing and props for the joists put in. Derek was friendly and professional and Roy, who did the job, was quiet, polite and helpful. We are happy to have a lovely kitchen floor.

• 3 months later...
We also had Finishing Point do our skiring boards. They look fine from a distance but they were stapled to the walls so up close you can see big bumps of metal sticking out! Very odd and never thought a job would be done this way but to be frank I didn't have the energy to complain so never did! Ah well. Thought it's only fair to have a balanced view on here.