Help washing machine not working

catmag

I have a HOTPOINT AQUARIUS+ WML 730. I put a wash in last night and realised that the machine wasn't going past a certain point, I then tried to switch off and see if it would start again and it did but from the beginning of the cycle, again it stopped at the same point which was the rinse. This morning I've had to drain the machine manually and that's about it. Door won't open till the whole cycle is complete

Plz help as I have clothes in there that are needed.

Hi

It does sound like the filter is clogged up. This is usually at the botton of the appliance behind a clipped on panel. On removing this you should see an unscrewable filter unit made of plastic. Remove this after putting some old towels down and clean this if need be. Replace it exactly how you removed it. If the filter is already clean on removing this is not your problem, but if it is hey presto.

Thanks

Mason

never known a machine to stop at a certain stage only when there has been a problem with the curcuit board . the machine would leak if the filter is blocked as it would be holding too much water .this is my expirence with machines i have repaired so many now i would have clue as to how many .sometimes you can brush the board and that sorts it

Hi pps

Happen to me in the past kept stopping at the rinse cycle and just retained all the water in it. Had to manually drain. After wondering what had happened thought to check the filter, which I never knew it had until I read the manual. Did this and it was clogged with fluff. Cleaned and replaced it. Just started working fine.

pps all machines do that now. They stop when they can't drain. That's why the filter also has a drain tube, so you can drain the machine before you clear the filter. I'm suprised you don't know that if you repair machines, and especially given the board is the most expensive thing to replace.