Calling all freelancers!

JaneCS

Calling all freelance writers, designers, photographers, illustrators, PR, marketeers . . .

I am a book editor and publishing consultant, working from home in East Dulwich and I am interested in meeting any locals who, like me, enjoy being their own boss but miss the buzz and community of belonging to an organisation. Perhaps you miss the stimulus of working alongside others with the opportunity for collaboration and those all-important chance encounters?

If you think you?d benefit from:

a stronger division between work and home life

a dedicated workspace outside of your own home, but in your local area

being part of a useful, informal creative community

IT support on the spot

access to a meeting room space

good coffee . . . !

. . . . then I?d love to talk to you about how we might build an informal community in East Dulwich. For example, what would you look for in a shared workspace? What are your professional frustrations and opportunities? To talk about how we might make our working lives more productive, creative and enjoyable, please come and join me either for a coffee at 11am in Tierra Verde or a drink in the East Dulwich Tavern at 6.30pm on Tuesday 27th January. RSVPs appreciated. And feel free to drop me a line with any questions.

I look forward to seeing you!

Hi Jane,

This sounds great! I would love to come along - to the evening bit if that is okay?

I am a children's books editor and do appreciate how lucky I am to work from home, but also worry that all these days alone talking to the cat will turn me a bit weird.

Liz x

Hi there - I'm self-employed (design / branding) and have worked at home for years. Would love to talk about this idea. I've got a deadline Tuesday, so can't make the coffee - but will aim for the 6.30pm drink at EDT. Thank you for the post.

Hi Jane,

If at all possible, I'd like to pop along to the evening session. I currently work from home video editing and other bits and bobs.

However, I am also currently in the process of setting up a small indie book publishing house. A sort of punk rock label for books, if you will. I would love to have a chat about it and get some expert advice!

So if it's OK, I'll pop along to the EDT?

Cheers,

Graham