Recommendation for Carpenter/Joiner

deanstoft

To anyone out there considering built in furniture:

I'd like to recommend an excellent carpenter that we hired recently to do our built in furniture - a mix of wardrobes, shoe closets and shelving for our office. His name is Doug Hathaway and he was excellent, and we are very happy with his work (images attached).

He is reliable, straightforward and very conscientious, taking great care of our property while undertaking the work and clearing up after himself. He's also very nice and easy to get along with.

He works with you to ensure you get exactly what you want, offering a contemporary look, clever solutions for odd spaces and is fair on pricing. We agreed the design detail and fee in advance, and there were no hidden extras at the end, or excuses or delays.

He's a quality craftsman and I would highly recommend him.

His contact details are:

E: [email protected]

M. 07748 151 682

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to second the recommendation for Doug Hathaway.

Doug did a lot of work for us as part of a building project including skirting, built-in closets and shelving. We have been really pleased with the end results which demonstrate his quality joinery skills.

I found Doug keen to listen to us, ensuring our needs were being met in the design. He was very conscientious when working, making sure things were tidied up. He worked carefully to minimise disruption to family life and was very considerate of the kids. At all times throughout the work Doug was polite and dependable.

His contact number is 07748 151 682

• 4 weeks later...
I would third this recommendation. Doug made us some built in wardrobes for us, and the end result is fantastic. He was tidy, efficient, thorough and the work was finished to a high standard. I am really pleased to have found him on this forum. We will certainly be contacting him again for any future work we might want doing.

• 8 months later...

We've just had Doug Hathaway back (07748 151 682) to do some more work - more built in cupboards and to give a facelift to existing built ins in the bedroom that were looking a bit tired. They look like new, and are beautiful in gloss lacquer, I'm really pleased with the result. It was a clever way to update the room.

I really like working with Doug, he's really reliable and very good at what he does - very happy to recommend him again.

• 3 weeks later...

I can also recommend Doug. He made us some lovely bespoke cupboards for our hall and a child's bedroom. He made them exactly as we wanted to a high standard and offered very good advice on the finish. Doug is a talented carpenter and a very gentile, polite and considerate man. He left the house immaculate each day and was really lovely to our young children.

We now have two beautiful cupboards which we're very happy with and will definitely call on Doug if we have another job.

I've attached two photos but have a few more to share if you're interested.

• 3 weeks later...

Would add my recommendation for Doug also. He recently replaced all of the skirting, doorframes and doors in the ground floor of our house - no easy job as there isn't a straight line in the place! As noted above, he was tidy and helpful and did a great job rescuing a pocket door which my builder had installed badly.

Wouldn't hesitate to use him again.

• 8 months later...
I'm thinking of using Doug to do a considerable amount of work in my house. I know it's a bit cheeky but is there anyone who wouldn't mind showing me what he's done for you? I've seen photos but it's not the same as seeing it in the flesh. Many thanks