Anyone know of promoters of music/unusual events in ED/Peckham/Nunhead?

caro7

Morning all

Having performed our first concert in a church in Estonia last month (as you do), we're looking for places to perform locally, and wondered whether anyone knew of any promoters that we could get in touch with? It doesn't just have to be music - as an instrumental audio-visual art/science/nature project, we're potentially up for collaborating with anyone putting on interesting events. (For the curious, here's the link to our FB page: https://www.facebook.com/ShadowBiosphere)

Many thanks for any assistance!

Caroline

Shadow Biosphere

Thanks KestonKid - but we're really after promoters who put events on at venues, as venues don't tend to run events themselves. I appreciate you responding though :)

Now this post has been moved to a section where it doesn't really fit, I'm not particularly optimistic we'll get any more replies however!

There's a chance we may be interested although it's not what we usually put on - can you either PM me or contact me via the contact link on our wesite http://www.thegooseisout.com

We may be interested in promoting something at The Ivy House but we'd need more info re how you would envisage this working if you aren't promoting it yourself. We'd also need to hear/see it!

We have well over a thousand subscribers to our Goose newsletter, plus we use various other on and offline means of promotion.

We already run monthly concerts at The Ivy House, plus various monthly gigs and other things at The Old Nun's Head, plus stages at various community events. You can check us out via the website above.

BTW we didn't have much joy when we tried to arrange a big concert in Alleyn's MC Theatre. Their school events always take priority (obviously) and after a promising first meeting it became gradually clear that it just wasn't going to happen, because they could never give a firm date :(

ETA: I don't know where you posted this thread originally, but I agree it doesn't fit in this section!!!

You might consider putting on something yourself at the wonderful Asylum Chapel in Peckham. The people running it are very friendly and can help sort out a lot of the detail. Here's their website:

http://asylumlondon.org/

I'm helping put on an afternoon of folk and experimental music there on January 31st. Come along! :-)

http://www.stonetaperecordings.co.uk/

Sue - I was looking at your page shortly after posting this, as chance would have it - and as you mention electronica as one of the genres you consider, I hope we'd fit :) I'll drop you a line shortly - in the meantime here's a quick preview video:

Also just to add we'd definitely promote it ourselves - it wouldn't be fair to expect a promoter to have sole responsibility for 'promotion'!

BrandNewGuy - we don't have the resources to put on an event ourselves (it's just two of us working full-time with various other commitments), but thanks for the heads up on your event, which looks very interesting - and yes, great venue indeed!

caro7 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Sue - I was looking at your page shortly after

> posting this, as chance would have it - and as you

> mention electronica as one of the genres you

> consider, I hope we'd fit :)

Blimey, I don't recall us mentioning electronica ;)

I think we say something like from the hammered dulcimer to the laptop (which dates us somewhat :)) )

ETA: It would have to be an extra gig, we are fully booked at both "our" venues for 2015.

That's why I prefer not to use EDF PMs!!

I've deleted some messages but you could contact me via the Goose website, there's a contact link at the bottom of the menu bar on the left of every page ....

And I will email you my email address .....