Prince Albert bellenden road

• 2 months later...

Popular gastro pub, who writes this bullshit.

It was a well loved local pub used by real locals.

As I was walking I spotted out of the cornor of my eye the tiles round the bar looked like a public toilet.

I think we have to accept it is now for the new locals, no broken wooden pallets on the fire on a old night.

As the ownership of the pub hasn't changed, I'm sure the locals will be just as welcome as ever. I went before and will go now. Given that it was never as busy as The Victoria or The Montpellier, I can't blame the owners for being entrepreneurial and moving with the times. They can't stop the flow of gentrification, but they can take steps to ensure that their business doesn't fail because of it. Payless (now "The Village Grocer") did something similar a year or two ago, and due to great staff it still has its loyal regulars together with the blow-ins from West London attracted by the Farrow and Ball awnings and purple sprouting broccoli in baskets.

I'd much prefer to see the Price Albert decked out in distressed leather and wood panelling than I would watch it slowly decline and ultimately be replaced by flats, as has been the fate of so many pubs before now. Good luck to them.

Only been to The Albert once.. It was a Curry Club pre Curry drink before heading for Ganapati.

Although I know a few people who are regulars there (not there on that night) it seemed obviously

it is a truly locals pub who may not of appreciated 8-10 strangers bursting through its doors and

invading their space.

We did all end up drinking outside on the pavement.

A true case of 'Blow-ins'

A bit far off the beaten track for me.

I totally understand the concerns of the locals who might be about to lose their pub.

After all the nearby(ish) Gowlet is now a destination pub and the Oglander is long gone.

DulwichFox