Painter & decorator needed

ljrodgers

Hi I can highly recommend Sean Mullins from SSS Property Services. He recently completed a complete bathroom renovation and also painted 2 bedrooms and my hallway. I got his details from others who also recommended him here. He is trustworthy, professional and the main point is i couldnt fault his work which is immacukate. His nos are 07463 704811 and 07572 334911 he is ED local too. Website http://paintinganddecoratingservicesse22.co.uk. You can mention that you got his contact details from me

Hello I wanted to recommend a two Polish builders sebastian & Tomek, they did a lot of work for me, such as painting, tiles in the bathroom wooden flooring, plaster. their work was on really high quality and reasonable price Tomek -07530669302

Hi I can highly recommend Sean Mullins,He recently completed painting my Kitchen, Bedroom and hallway and did some repairs and touch ups across the house. He did a fantasic job and was very professional and hardworking and trustworth, I got his details from others who also recommended him here. We were extremeley pleased with him and could not fault his work which is immaculate. His nos are 07463 704811 and 07572 334911 he is ED local too. I would recommend him if you needing reliable, reasonable and a fantastic job needing doing.

Darren Decorating services [email protected]. mobile 07879233900. Did a great job on 2 very large rooms and a smaller study on my house in Forest Hill. He is punctual and takes a great deal of time and trouble in preparation and the finish was excellent. He is a perfectionist so if you want a paint slosher this may not be the man for the job. But if you want real quality give him a go!

Hi

I've used Clive Bloomfield a few times and wouldn't hesitate to use him again. He did an amazing job for me getting a flat ready for rental at short notice - really high quality work in a short period of time. He has also done work in my own home. Really knows his stuff and lives locally so fits what suits you. Clive's number is 07939 552479. There are other recommendations for him on the forum.

Hi,

I can highly recommend very well experienced Polish guy called Sebastian, who did my whole bathroom, plastering, painting, decorating and flooring my 2 rooms, carpeting my staircase, building a shed and I can say his standards are very high. This builder can always advise you if you are not sure about something. He is very trustworthy and you can leave him alone at home knowing he will do his best. I've been using his service since 3.5 years. Sebastian's number is 07714685599.

I'd also like a genuine recommendation for a decorator who can do bathrooms/tiling etc and patch up after some damp fixing works. Given recent false recommendations on the forum I'm very suspicious of some of these. The wording of the two points on Sean Mullins are nearly identical in wording, what's going on? Poster histories also very sparse.

Can anyone give me a genuine recommendation I can trust? Shame to be so cynical but there seems to be a lot of it about.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In the end I went with Pawel from Sublime Property on [email protected] or 07772 555881, after a friend recommended them, and I'm very glad I did. It was a reasonable quote, and he clearly knew his stuff, so felt very comfortable booking them in.

They worked hard, quickly, and to a high standard, handling a few little challenges very well, including me stupidly pulling down a wall fitting on a newly painted wall whilst putting stuff back up, along with bits of plaster and scuffing the paint. Within an hour, they had fixed it all up and you would never have known!

Very pleased, highly recommend them. PM if you want more details.

• 4 months later...

Unfortunately I had a very bad experience with Sean Mullins and SSS Property Services and would NOT RECOMMEND. I also believe now that all the recommendations of his work on this forum are written by friends of his and not genuine customers.

I hired him to refit a small bathroom and he gave me a reasonable quote for the complete job and said it was possible to complete in a week. I had ordered the bath, toilet, sink and radiator myself but as he has no own car or van we went on a few occasions to get the tiles and all other materials together using my car. Being an old property we needed to plaster one of the walls before we could start, and this we had to pay extra for and at a much higher than normal cost, though ?making all walls good before tiling? was included in his quote. In the two weeks he was working on the bathroom he managed to fit the bath and tile the walls and floor, however he was by no means there all day every day and his tiling skills left something to be desired .The tiling in the window recess was a mess and had to be removed and completely redone twice and he had cut tiles around the ventilation which looked very unprofessional.

We gave him many chances to fix what he had done wrong, but unfortunately after 2 weeks we were so disappointed in his work we decided to let him go and hired someone else to complete the job. We asked for a quote and promised to pay Sean for whatever work he had done which did not have to be re-done which we felt was fair. The following Monday he was stood on my property refusing to leave unless we paid him more. As I was not myself at the property he stood in the way of the new contractors and on the telephone threatened me until I paid him more. Though it?s not in my nature to give in to threats I just wanted the bathroom finished and Sean to leave so in the end I paid him an extra ?100 to make that happen.

Luckily we found someone else who did an amazing job finishing the bathroom, but sadly we constantly came across issues from bad workmanship done by Sean, so in hindsight I wish I hadn?t paid him anything!

The bath was too low and in the wrong place for the bath panel, so the fixings under the bath had to be redone, the bath panel had to be cut horizontally as well as vertically to fit, and space had to be drilled in the wall for the bath pipes to fit. The cold and hot taps in the bath had been fitted the wrong way (sadly we noticed this after the bathroom was finished and it wasn?t so easy to fix!). As we had tiled over old tiles on one wall some tiles had been fixed with silicon, but seems Sean had used a mix of silicon and tile adhesive to adhere all the other tiles to the wall too. This left us with a half?a-day job with white spirit once the bathroom was finished to remove all the silicon which was stuck all over the tiles. The floor tiles had not been laid straight and whilst installing the floor he had damaged the copper heating pipes so in the end the complete floor had to be removed so that the radiator pipes could be fixed. We then had to buy a new set of floor tiles and redo the floor so that it was flat. This was necessary so that we could rehang the bathroom door without leaving a very obvious 2cm gap when the door was open.

Though 2 weeks later we now have a beautiful new bathroom, if I had not hired Sean at SSS Property Services in the first place a lot of extra expense and a big headache could have been avoided. He sells himself as ?local and fully qualified? and SSS Property Services claims to have ?worked hard for over 15 years to get the very best workers in order to provide the highest quality results? and ?they make sure that the customer is completely happy with their workmanship?, however I have had a very different experience! Aside from Sean?s skills being not up to standard, in the end he was also very rude and unprofessional towards us.

Writing a review is not normally something I would do, but I feel quite strongly that I was duped via the recommendations on here when I hired Sean, and would like to avoid that someone else goes through the same experience.

Ugh @mekymeky, that sounds miserable. I was sure there was something off about those recommendations, glad I didn't go with Sean. Have you reported them to admin on the forum? I think they take false reocmmendations pretty seriously.

• 2 weeks later...

Big thanks to Vince who did a lovely job of painting our guest bedroom so we can turn it into a nursery for our newborn. We added some additional bits to the original job and Vince went the extra mile to get everything done without it costing us too much.

He was professional, reliable, friendly and a pleasure to have working in our home. My toddler took a real shine to him and I believe children have great instincts about people!

Vince does other handyman jobs too and is a tiler by trade. Would definitely use him again, very reasonably priced - highly recommend.

Vince 07951 094961

Phew

Four weeks ago I rang Sean Mullins for a quote on refurbishing a bathroom. It wasn't a lot of work but I planned to discuss a lot more internal work at the arranged meeting plus external painting. Fortunately he didn't turn up and didn't answer his phone on the day so I am well pleased things turned out that way.

Thanks mekymeky for warning everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

katanita Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I'd also like a genuine recommendation for a

> decorator who can do bathrooms/tiling etc and

> patch up after some damp fixing works. Given

> recent false recommendations on the forum I'm very

> suspicious of some of these. The wording of the

> two points on Sean Mullins are nearly identical in

> wording, what's going on? Poster histories also

> very sparse.

>

> Can anyone give me a genuine recommendation I can

> trust? Shame to be so cynical but there seems to

> be a lot of it about.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and this will depend on individual experiences. I personally stick to my opinion and will continue to recommend Sean Mullins as i have done so in the past and so far...no body has come back to me complaining (Jinx, touch wood!!!) EDF is quite an open forum so throwing around 'allegations' probably isn't the best thing for anyone to do. What i would say is so far I've only ever seen that one negative feedback comment and considering i found him over 6 months ago, that kind of speaks for its self. Happy decorating people!!!

• 1 month later...
Hi there we used Clive Bloomfield a couple of weeks ago and his work was awful - he did a half-hearted sloppy job in a beautiful room, left mess and drips everywhere AND finished two weeks late. I've literally had to pay someone else to come and fix the mess he made which is costing us so much more money so please steer clear of Clive. He's perfectly nice but has no idea what he is doing. I am so surprised there are recommendations on here for his work and I'd hate to see anyone else book him in from these recommendations. Steer clear!

crewsmess Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Darren Decorating services

> [email protected]. mobile 07879233900. Did

> a great job on 2 very large rooms and a smaller

> study on my house in Forest Hill. He is punctual

> and takes a great deal of time and trouble in

> preparation and the finish was excellent. He is a

> perfectionist so if you want a paint slosher this

> may not be the man for the job. But if you want

> real quality give him a go!

Yes. Highly recommend Darren. He did our old house and as a result, our new house, my sister's house, my parents' house and my grandfather's house. Real master of his craft and a thoroughly nice guy.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'd like to put another recommendation on here for Jovaner (pronounced Jovani). I've recommended him on the forum previously, and a number of my clients (plus others not connected to me), have used him and all been equally impressed with his work - and have recommended him here subsequently. As I mentioned before, I've never met someone so hardworking, and never had a better painter. I've used a lot of painter/decorators over the years, both domestically and professionally, and I've never met one with better knowledge or skill. He's been away for a month but is back now and I know is available for work so I would jump at the chance before he gets booked up!