Highly recommended carpet fitter - Jim Cox

nosila

I read several recommendations on the forum for Jim Cox, carpet fitter. I called and can see why, Jim is reliable, friendly, reasonably priced and did a fantastic job on our bedroom carpet. He went out of his way to drive to Dartford to collect the carpet as the supplier was being a little slow and fit us in at short notice! Thanks Jim! 07901834901

I'm sure I am going to get slated for this, but my experience with Jim was far from positive. To cut a long story short, he tried to rip me off for the carpet. He gave me some samples but after some research I found that he was vastly marking up the prices on the carpet, despite telling me he was basically providing it for cost price (when I initially called him, I told him I was sourcing carpet separately but he basically insisted on 'doing all of that for me'). I didn't use him so can't speak for his quality of work, which no doubt is decent.

• 2 months later...
I have only good things to say about Jim. He fitted carpet in the top two floors of our house this week and did a fantastic job. He was competitively priced, thorough but with a nice easy going manner, and generally really pleasant to have around. Incidentally, we found the carpet ourselves and he was more than happy to fit it. I never felt any pressure to go with something he could source. Overall, wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.

• 2 months later...

Jim recently fitted carpet on our staircase. It was complicated job as floorboards needed to be reinforced.

I delayed the job several times as our building work over ran and Jim was really understanding. Jim is a great guy, hard working and the job he did looks fantastic.

Highly recommended.

• 3 months later...
Another very positive review for Jim. He fitted a new loft carpet and neatened a very messy bit of lifted carpet on a landing. Lovely finish, well priced, timely response to emails, quick/adaptable with fitting and a very nice guy. Recommended.

• 2 weeks later...
We had a very good experience using Jim Cox. He was happy to supply and fit, or just fit what we bought, made himself available when it was convenient for us, and ultimately did a great fitting job. He's also a very easy guy to deal with, friendly and straightforward.