Recommended Pretty's Tapas Bar/ Restaurant

lousmith

I would like to draw your attention to this rare gem nestling in the heart of ED. Hosted by Charlie Grisel and Maya Berthou, Pretty's Tapas moonlights in the premises of Pretty's on Northcross Road, which operates as a cafe and juice bar in the daytime.

On Tuesday to Saturday nights It transforms into a cosy and welcoming place to experience a truly authentic continental restaurant/ bar feel with delicious, mouthwatering dishes cooked up by Maya, whilst Charlie, with seemingly innate hospitality skills, makes sure everyone is kept comfortably attended to.

There is live flamenco and other acoustic music on Friday and Saturday nights and a late licence too!

I approached Them to ask about organising a private party for my birthday on a Sunday when they are usually closed. I gave suggested budget per head based on around 20 guests, and Maya devised a menu to suit my taste (I asked for Chicken/ seafood/ veggie options )

bread/olives

Goat cheese and mixed pepper croquetas

Crispy squid with aoli

Mixed pintxos (canapés) -

?rrr? goat cheese with quince -

caramelised red onion & roasted pepper -

anchovy with black olive tapenade

Mussels with creamed saffron & spring onion

Canary island chicken

Escalivada (roasted mixed veg with cumin seeds and garlic)

Aubergine fritada

Catalan style spinach

Patatas bravas

Churros

I can honestly say that every single dish on there was a triumph of flavour and presentation and arrived at a pace perfectly conducive to keep the palate excited, whilst allowing space for drinking and catching up with guests.

Being French, Charlie and Maya have what so many wannabes strive for, that is savoir faire, which comes from being suffused with the culture of fine food, wine and hospitality.

Everyone who attended my birthday bash were unanimous in feeling they had feasted and been treated like royalty. Many pledged to return for their own parties!

Thanks again to Charlie and Maya. Check them out Tuesday-Saturday eves. http://on.fb.me/1uvpdoo

Last night's diner was simply amazing! It was a real experience.. Every single dish was superb.. delicate.. every little detail had its importance.. the bread, the olive oil, the olives, the tapenade, the.. the .. the.. everything served last night was a gem.. These people know exactly what they doing.. This is called "Great food"!! One of the best restaurant in ED without a doubt!

• 2 weeks later...