What does landscaping a small garden cost?

AZH

Anyone got an idea of a reasonable cost for designing, building and planting a small back garden (standard little Victorian terrace)? I guess it's a "piece of string" question but would be good to have an idea.

Also any recommendations of local companies used welcome.

10k??let me know the size of the garden,what you want in there(any patio,shed or fence).And after I will give you the best price in the area.Cause is unprofessional for traders to give you any price from your description.i can make you a free project design.My phone no:07715531133,text me and I will call you back.Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I run Geum Garden Design, give me a call and we can discuss. Very much depends on the materials you use and the amount of hard landscaping you want to put in. It's paving and fencing that cost the big bucks, plus the labour of course. It is usually a lot more expensive than people think, though.

Francesca

Geum Garden Design

facebook.com/geumgardendesign

I had a company repave our front garden area at a cost of about ?3,000. We had some fairly extensive re-bedding and new turf done later in the year. the cost of this was probably about ?2,000 as it took about two weeks.

I also had a shed put in the back (our garden is about 20 foot.) I decided to go for something a bit special and the cost of this was ?25,000.

The total cost of our garden makeover was close to ?30,000, but we now have a lovely space outside our house, and as we are not planning to move it is well worth it.

I did this with my small but unusual garden (70ft long but only about 7ft wide)!

I basically did it in chunks to keep the costs down - the last part of the garden I got done a couple of years ago - I would say it was about 20 ft by 7ft. It cost about ?750 for the design and planting and to put up some trellis and also a post for me to hang my hammock on (bliss!). But I went for a basic planting scheme to keep the budget down and have added to it each year.

I used Steve and he continues to come to do basic tidying/gardening for me. His number is 07970 731656.