Prep needed for two large rooms - plus extra sockets

Devonshire

Hi,

I am looking for a tradesman to come and prepare two large bedrooms in our flat.

We need all paper stripped, including the ceilings. Then any rough parts on walls filled and made good - these may need plastering depending on their condition.

Wood work filled and preped (skirtings, picture rails and door frames.

We also need someone who can fit a couple of extra wall sockets in these rooms as they currently only have one each!

Also - if any EDFers know what the rough cost of this should please let me know!

Thanks!

Stating the obvious, but make sure you get the sockets installed BEFORE you get your surface prep or plastering done! Should be under ?300 for four double sockets.

Plastering would probably be around ?1000 for both rooms including ceilings, so it is worth inspecting the quality of the surface beneath the paper to check it's really necessary.

No idea how much you'd have to pay for wallpaper stripping. Sometimes it comes off easily, sometimes it takes days to scrape off all the scraps. I stripped the wallpaper off my whole house 18 months ago... was a traumatic experience.