PandG

Nigello Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Starbucks would not work well there, I don't

> think. It's too large and the footfall there is

> not great. Perhaps, though, with the advent of the

> new school it might work.

Was Starbucks not a joke??

I'd turn it back into a bar that shows sport on TV. Let's face it you've only got the EDT down on the strip that shows sports and that gets too packed for me. Plenty of space in The Mag for big game events, football, rugby, cricket and boxing. Give it a simple menu for food i.e tapas style snacks, pizza and Sunday roasts with plenty of real ales and craft beers and whoever takes it over would be onto a winner in my opinion.

Hell yes. Plus maybe some comedy or other interesting nights/community groups in the top room? I keep trying to see what's going on when I go past, will ask if I get an opportunity.

Jah Lush Wrote:

> I'd turn it back into a bar that shows sport on

> TV. Let's face it you've only got the EDT down on

> the strip that shows sports and that gets too

> packed for me. Plenty of space in The Mag for big

> game events, football, rugby, cricket and boxing.

> Give it a simple menu for food i.e tapas style

> snacks, pizza and Sunday roasts with plenty of

> real ales and craft beers and whoever takes it

> over would be onto a winner in my opinion.

I do not think that this location can ever function as a successful Pub / Restaurant.

If that were the case the 'Big Boys' would of taken it on.

The people who know what will and what won't work.

It's as simple as that.

It really is a Characterless, Soulless building and has been for many many years...

Just Let it Be.

DulwichFox

I am not being NEGATIVE. I'm being REALISTIC...

I used this place back in the 70's when it was done up like a Cave. and the DJ was out back

in the centre of the room in a little box. It wasn't a 'nice place' There was a lot of trouble

back then..

I used it in the 90's when it was being run by neighbours and friends of mine.

It was more like a private bar back then with a few people that all new each other.

Then it become a Pizza place out back. Which failed.

Then it went through another phase where apart from our Photography group meeting there once a week

the place was empty. It was cold and had no beer most of the time.

Then it became The Patch. and we all know how long that lasted.

You have to go back a long way to this place being packed.

So you see, those are the facts..

DulwichFox

Go on slag it off before anything happens Dulwich Fox - it was you and your EDF cronies who were so negative before! I liked the Mag and I enjoyed the Patch and was willing to give it a go - ok things slipped - so let's be positive for the future - the cinema opening on LL next month could well bring the 'footfall' further up the road and anything that boosts ED and keeps it a thriving area with independent entrepreneurs - go for it and supprt it!

PANDG

I remember it being packed for rugby games in there in the Magdala days, and a much nicer, more relaxed atmosphere in general. Just think it needs a warm friendly vibe rather than trying too hard, but it's really not that bad a space. And agree the cinema opening will probably have a big effect, it's the nearest pub by some distance, got to make a difference even with the cafe/bar at the cinema (especially if that gets as packed as the one at the Ritzy).

PandG Wrote:

> Go on slag it off before anything happens Dulwich

> Fox - it was you and your EDF cronies who were so

> negative before! > PANDG

I'm not slagging anything off. Nothing has been decided yet so there is nothing to slag off.

Just get off my case. You know nothing about this area.. or it's people or what they want.

DF