Electrician and plumber wanted

joehodgson

I am looking to buy a 4 bed house which may have an issue with the electrics and heating system which I would like to get fixed before moving in. However this might not be likely so may need to get the place rewired and heating system fixed whilst living there.

Can I get a rough quote for a rewire of a 4 bed house (plugs, light fittings, etc.) and a quote for heating system check and replacement of old radiators?

Are the quotes no different if the house is empty or not?

Thanks

Hi Joe,

Any quote on something like this would be a little dependent on what you're looking for, whether it was a straightforward sockets, smoke alarms and lights affair, or if it also included things like showers, built in speakers and tv points, those kind of things. It might be in your interest to get a periodic inspection done to work out the condition of the wiring so you could get a partial rewire done (if everything comes up to scratch). However, if you're thinking about adding/removing/moving plenty of lights and sockets it might end up being worth getting the whole place redone.

In terms of quotes, an empty house would be a lot quicker and easier to do and so probably could offer you a reduction in price. It'll depend on the company you use though!

Hope that's helpful info,

Rupert Johnson