Front door

EastDulwicher Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Thank you - I'll check Fusion. The quote we had

> was from London Door Company and although the

> doors are lovely, the price is too high for us!

Better withdraw my referral then! At those prices, I'm glad I haven't had any need to use them!

I've got a London Door Co. It's a real thing of beauty. Mine was an insurance job so I didn't actually have to pay myself. Although I would be tempted. It's not just the door, it's the whole frame. Great locks, toughened glass skylight and panels. Solid as a rock and fitted really well. If you're going to stay put for ages it might be worth it.

I used Howdens, when I refurbed a property. The quality of the front door is very good, I remembered looking at the London Door Company, and the price difference between the doors, although the doors were very similar in Design, convinced me to use Howdens.

• 6 months later...
We've just had ours done. ?3.5k does sound a lot but after having quotes from The London Door Co, Voysey & Jones, Crown Joinery and another local joinery it does seem to be the going rate. We went with The London Door Co in the end and are very happy with the result.

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
We used Jim who used to be based at 'Doorz' on Kirkdale. He's subsequently moved out of that location, but still supplying and fitting doors (front doors & internal). He provides (reupholstered) Victorian doors, all the door 'furniture' and fitting for about ?1,500. Much better value than some of the bigger providers. Because he works solo, you may have to wait a bit. It's worth it. Ours is a thing of beauty. Jim's number is: 07977 100071.

• 1 month later...

Derek b Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Has anybody used Bespoke Front Door? I'm about to

> start getting quotes and I quite like the idea of

> not having to pay a deposit!

>

> http://www.bespokefrontdoor.co.uk/

I was looking for a new front door and I'm afraid to say that the quote from Bespoke was nearly three times higher than other companies I approached!

• 9 months later...

I'm revisiting this thread as we want to get our Victorian front door refurbished. We have also had a very high quote from the London Door Company so looking for any other recommendations. I have contacted Bespoke Front Door and a couple of others (Cotswood Doors as well as others) but haven't yet heard back.

Does anyone else have a recommendation for someone to refurbish the door including e.g. new hardware / locks?

Thanks in advance!