Fantastic Yama Moto restaurant

col01

Finally East Dulwich has a fantastic Japanese restaurant!! Just come back from a wonderful meal there. Amazing service and delicious sushi and cocktails to rival Nobu and Zuma. So nice to go somewhere so great without having to go into town. Looking forward to going back soon.

• 5 months later...

We went yesterday and had an amazing meal. We are often disappointed by restaurants (Babur in Crofton Park was average). But this place blew our socks of. The staff were brilliant, the meal was amazing. Can't wait to go back.

We had dumplings to start and aubergine with a sesame sticky sauce which was fantastic. The truffle beef was really good too. Meals for two with cocktails was ?81 (about ?20 less than Babur) and we had 3 courses.

One of the best meals I've had in a long, long, long time. We are also big fans of the Crystal Palace Market which sets the bar high. We will start saving again (we don't get out much so would rather have something memorable that we have to save for and feel special and do it less often).

In answer to Seabag's question: No, I don't think so

My experience of this place has been very mixed on the two occasions I've been there. Cocktails were lovely. Service was very good.

Food was.....um....ok. The sushi was quite nice. I left the salmon tartare as it really wasn't very nice.

Having sat at the sit up bar so I could nose in the kitchen I could see just how much of it was cooked freshly and how much came out of the freezer and dropped in the fryer. I also wanted to see whether the vegetarian options were cooked in the same fryer as the rest...

Admittedly I've not been there for a few months so maybe it has picked up