Painter decorator and builder recommendation

fazerfocus

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I would like to second the recommendation for Dave Franklin and his guys. They have just finished painting my hallway, bedroom, and kitchen and I'm very very happy with it. Made a really neat and tidy job of it all including all woodwork and stairs also. I did not have great luck with some new plastering I had done by someone else but once Dave's guys were finished I could hardly see any flaws.

They also grouted tiles I had recently installed in the kitchen.

They were always there at the time thay said they would be each morning and carried out the work in the timespan they had promised (not always the case with a lot of tradespeople).

When the job was finished, Dave suggested I hold back some payment until I had a proper look at the work and was happy with it all. There was a tiny patch (hardly visible) that needed touching up and Dave was there the next morning to touch up.

All in all, good quality, punctual, decent price, work finished on time, and nice to deal with.

Dave Franklin - 07956 688622

Cheers,

Barry

• 1 month later...
I've used a few painters and builders recommended on the forum, but Dave Franklin and his team of merry men top the lot. Excellent work, stuck to the quote, cleaned up, friendly. Can't fault a thing. We had some light building work, plastering and decorating and wood flooring fitted. He even helped us move a load of furniture into our loft at no extra cost. Very quick to respond by text. Dave - 07956 688622

• 3 weeks later...

We have just used Dave Franklin and his team for painting the front of our house, our door and a front garden wall in Pellatt Road after a recommendation on the forum.

Dave provided a prompt quote which seemed very reasonable. The work started within the fortnight, and his painters worked quickly and efficiently. We are very pleased with the work and I would not hesitate to recommend Dave. We would certainly use his services again.

His mobile is 07956 688622, email [email protected]

• 1 month later...
Another glowing review for Dave Franklin and his team who made every effort to rectify some initial difficulties and did a superb job renovating and repainting the front of our building on Overhill Road. The painters were very friendly and communicative. Their work was meticulous, with extra details attended to that I wasn't expecting, and the scaffolding came down very quickly afterwards. Dave priced the job very fairly and was the best value quote I had. Would thoroughly recommend.

I'm afraid our experience with the Berdec team was less than positive. The guys on site were really great, they helped out with other elements of the loft conversion and were really friendly. However, the paint finish we ended up with wasn't great. Sloppy attention to detail, left things in a mess, missed bits. We did let Dave know we were unhappy and to his credit he tried to get it fixed but we're still left with odds and ends that we're just going to do ourselves now.

• 1 month later...

Dave and his team have just completed three jobs for us and they all went very well.

One job was the decorating in our bathroom and he arranged for a guy to do it over the weekend which worked out really well, the quality was high and he was a thoroughly nice chap.

Second job was decorating of our external paintwork on our house, applying some fixes to some brickwork and also made good an area in our utility room which was all done extremely well.

The three guys we had were great and we were happy to have them in and around our house. We have two small kids so that was important.

Finally Dave completed a full redecoration of a house we own in Clapham which required scaffolding. Everything was done quickly and we had no problems with snagging afterwards too. The guy downstairs worked nights and the team were mindful of that too.

The estimates always came back quickly, and the prices always seemed good. We will be using him again for some internal decoration on the house in Clapham in due course. Would obviously therefore recommend him.

I would also like to recommend Dave Franklin & his team. They have just completed a series of decoration jobs on our Edwardian place in Honor Oak / Crofton Park ahead of an international move: repairing & redecorating damaged window sills, varnishing french doors, wallpaper removal +/- repainting in several rooms, coving repair, exterior paintwork, and more. All jobs were done to a very high standard, efficiently, with great care taken throughout & everything cleaned up once done. Happy to recommend Dave & his team.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm afraid my experience of them was very negative.

Much less than a year later and the work needs doing again. Poor paint supplied to maximise their profits and some very long down spells when prepping should have been done. Also a complete no show one Saturday when a day out was planned and my partner and I waited hours for them to turn up after numerous messages left.

Very cheap, very jolly guys, but the work itself just isn't up to scratch.

• 3 months later...
Another satisfied Berdec customer. The quote that I received was competitive and work started within a week or so. The team (Darren, Michael, Trevor) turned up on time every day, worked hard and vacuumed before leaving each night. They were also really friendly, so I felt safe leaving them at home whilst I went to work. The standard is high and they were happy to accommodate any requests/comments that I made each day. I would use them again.

• 11 months later...
I'd be very happy to recommend Berdec (Dave Franklin and his team). He has just decorated a bedroom for us, repaired a door frame, re-hung a door and adjusted a side gate that had swollen in the the wet weather. Dave was straightforward, efficient, and the quality of the work was very high. The guys who work for him are all very friendly and extremely capable.

• 3 weeks later...
I too would like to recommend Dave Franklin and his team. They have just repainted the outside of my house and did a good job. The price was reasonable, they did a great job and they turned up and got it done exactly when they said they would. I plan to use them again.

I'd be happy to use Dave and his team again, in fact I'm planning to do so.

Dave was quick to quote, his price was reasonable and the job was done quickly and well with a minimum of fuss and mess. They also did an extra small job free of charge and readily came back and sorted out a couple of very small niggles.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

If anyone is looking for a decorator then I can't recommend Berdec Decorators (Dave Franklin and his team) highly enough. I have just had a loft conversion and brought them in to redecorate the majority of the house. His team were brilliant. They were quick, super polite and cleaned up (including hoovering!) after every day that they worked. Their attention to detail was superb and they all just seemed like a really kind considerate bunch of people. They even changed their work plans around when my daughter would be having a nap so that they weren't doing anything too noisy when she was sleeping. I mean, how nice is that?!?

Genuinely, if you are about to have your home redecorated then call these guys. They've done such a brilliant job and I couldn't be happier.

Dave Franklin's number is 07956688622

• 2 months later...

I?d also like to recommend Dave Franklin and team, whom

I?ve hired a number of times over the years. They did a great job on our house and neat finish. They were very understanding when I asked to change paint colour after day two! Hoovered and mopped the floor when finished...

great price and fast service.

Dave can be reached on 07956 688622

• 4 months later...