bad experience with kwik fit

marian

Hi

Did anyone had bad experience with kwik fit in grove vale?

I booked for service and MOT which should be done in one day and it took them three days to finish it.

When we came to pick it up the car wasn?t there and I think just one of the mechanics went for his shop trip.

The worst thing is they told us that something is wrong with injection system. There was no fault before ever.

I told them I need the car as my wife was heavily pregnant and went home.

The car was lacking power and injection light was on.

I had look on the engine and found turbo charger cable disconnected and hidden under engine cover.

Just put together and car was fine.

I did complain to head office but no answer.

Did anyone try to complain and get answer?????

Thanks

Marian

It's hit and miss.

I did an MOT there and they found some problems, which is fine. However, they charged alot more than I expected and they also recommended some other things which i thought was unnecessary. I then took it to Turners to get it sorted. They charged alot less and gave a more thorough and an honest opinion

The OKR branch couldn't fix my car a few years back(it was an electrical thing - we can't do that) - just failed

the MOT and walked away - I had to take it to Bromley Toyota and pay ??? a week later.

I got an apology from head office for the lack of interest/advice - but maybe they just can't do specific

electrical stuff as they don't have parts.

• 2 months later...

Popped into Kwik Fit (Grove Vale) for a puncture repair this afternoon. I thought they were fine.

As a national chain they're never my first choice, but when you find a screw in your tyre at Sainsbury's at 3 o'clock on a Sunday, this is the first place you'll come across that's open. I was in and out within 20 minutes; they carried out the repair without fuss and - importantly - without attempting to upsell other unnecessary services; the staff were friendly; the waiting room is comfy and has free wifi. At ?26.50 I'm sure this won't be the cheapest puncture repair in the area ? but as I wasn't prepared to drive around hoping to save ?7 but risk finding nowhere else open, I can't grumble.

I've had mixed experiences with Kwik Fit in the past but can't fault the guys at Grove Vale. Popped in the other day when I couldn't get the cap off my valve and the tyre pressure light was on. They replaced the valve for free - tried to pay them but they wouldn't have it. Can't ask fairer than that

I'm so glad people are now having good experiences now . I had a run of punctures and took out insurance with them as it kept on happening . Unbeknown to me there was only one tire covered and they had put it in the boot so when I happily went in with my insurance paper this one man literally laughed in my face . I had been continuously put down and scoffed at so many times due to my punctures etc that I went to head office . A lovely manager said that I wasn't the first to complain and that this man in question and one more had already been sent on a customer awareness course . I've never gone back there but I have to say kwik fit on the way to the big sainsburys in sydenham are faultless , just lovely

Peckhampam Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Can anyone tell me when do you meed a new tire and

> when can a puncture be repaired?

There's a high spirited thread about this on an RAC forum here: http://www.rac.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?6665-Tyre-repairs-Are-we-being-ripped-off

AFAIK, if it's towards the middle of the tyre rather than near the edge, and the rest of the tyre is still ok, then it should be good for repair. This is actually the first time I've ever had a repairable puncture - normally mine are cause by objects too big or too near the side or I've let the tyre get so knackered that it's time for z new one anyway.

If anyone were to sabotage my car in Sainsbury's, I couldn't blame them as I'm a repeat offender when it comes to forgetting to bring my own bags, so I'm just asking for trouble from the local militant green campaigners ;)

But in this case, there were no suspicious looking Notting Hill types lurking round my wheel arches. A warning light had been flashing up on my dashboard for a day already, and it was only when I got to Sainsbury's that I finally got round to looking up what the strange orange squashed horseshoe symbol means. (Turns out it's supposed to look like a flat tyre!)