Kos to Become

bob

It's not going to be just a pizza place though is it. It's actually going to be an Italian restaurant (Olivelli) which might be good and might not. Maybe we should save the critique for when the place actually opens and at least give it half a chance?

Ron70

Ron70 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It's not going to be just a pizza place though is

> it. It's actually going to be an Italian

> restaurant (Olivelli) which might be good and

> might not. Maybe we should save the critique for

> when the place actually opens and at least give it

> half a chance?

>

> Ron70

Well said Ron70, don't know why people can't give a business round here a chance. We are so lucky with what we have. Let business owners concentrate on their business instead of having to see themselves slated before they even begin.

One has to remember this is the 4th ?? incarceration of a restaurant on this site..

One has to learn why previous businesses may of failed. ?? and how to change things to put it right.

It is a large space. Some people prefer more intimate surroundings to a vast expanse with dozens of other diners.

Places which have cubicles are popular because they give diners privacy.

Who really wants to overhear over peoples conversations. There is always someone wanting the World

to hear their opinions.

This is why some destinations may never work.

When I was a child, I was brought up to not speak at the table.. when people are eating.

DulwichFox

DulwichFox Wrote:

> Can't say I surprised...

>

> Pizza has High profit margins. Does not require

> experienced Chef..

>

> Fast turnover..

>

> Seems popular in the area..

>

> Where's Louisa. ??? :)

>

> DulwichFox.

Don't encourage her DF :)

Sue Wrote:

> DulwichFox Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > One has to remember this is the 4th ??

> > incarceration of a restaurant on this site..

> >

>

> Incarceration, Fox?

>

> :))

Ok come on. I can't spell.

What is the word. ??

I blame predictictive text

Everyone knows what I mean lol

Foxy

KidKruger Wrote:

> I'm sure there's a significant difference between

> NC and ED in monthly business premises rental

> costs and business rates.

Yes true.. but things have a ceiling price.. although that does not seem to apply with food & drink in E.D.

If someone starts a business then they have to work out if what they sell or service they provide

can be sold or provided at a realistic price that still covers their outgoings and provides a profit.

This is the main reason why so many new businesses fail and why one can generally spot which prospective

new business is not viable.

It's not being negative. It's being realistic.

DulwichFox

I work close by to one of their restaurants, they have an excellent set lunch until 7 for ?11.

Their website shows they have 5 shops - 3 of which restaurants - so not a 'new business'

Therefore I'm sure they've done their homework.

The area does not need yet another Italian restaurant. This is getting ridiculous, surely they've not done their homework and just opened up because of the cinema? It always angers me when people on this forum and estate agents/others claim ED is home to a eclectic range of restaurants - we are not! We just have a lot of the same things mostly Indian/Italian and/or Pizza. I for one have been craving a decent Greek place for years, we have a nice Turkish restaurant which is about to be replaced by yet another Italian. It just appears ludicrous.

Louisa.